1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iml2iso

Discussion in 'PS2' started by debono, Feb 20, 2003.

1. debono

debono Guest

Does anyone know how to use iml2iso. the read me tells me that i have to either run the program from the same directory as that of the one the ims and iml files are in or to edit the LOC section. does anyone know howto do this it would be a great help.

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. bluebus

bluebus Regular member

Yes you do have to run it from the same directory as your .iml and .ims file. Also, if you are using a ripkit and someone else has made the .iml and .ims files you have to make sure that your game files are exactly where they specify. Here's an example of how to use it. If your iml and ims were named gta.iml and gta.ims, then you would do this. Bring up a dos prompt, move to the directory where gta.iml, gta.ims, and iml2iso.exe are located and type this - iml2iso gta.iml gta.iso
    Then wait as it will generate your iso to be burned. It takes a while so if it goes really quick, like a couple of seconds, then you don't have your game files in the right location. If you open up gta.iml with notepad you will see where the game files should be located. If they aren't where they are supposed to be you can either move them or edit the iml file to where you have them located. It's easier just to move the game files but sometimes it's not possible. For example if the iml said they were supposed to be in c:/gta you might not have enough space on your c drive so you would have to edit it so it would work where you have them located.

4. debono

debono Guest

i know how to do that but how do you run it in the same directory. i used explorer but the dos box only shows up for about 1 sec

5. bluebus

bluebus Regular member

You can't just double click it in explorer. You have to run it from dos. Go to start->run and type command. It will bring up a dos prompt and you will have to move to the directory the files are in using dos commands. Then once you are in the correct directory you can type what I said.

6. debono

debono Guest

ok thanks for the help about opening the dos box. I am asked to, open a dos box and change to drive you have extracted the game to.

Next type "iml2iso yourgame.iml burnme.iso"

(Iml2iso needs to be on the same drive as the extracted game, this is where the new iso will be created)

Now wait and after 5-20 minutes depending on the size of the game you will have generated a re-built iso image.

How do i move to the directory my files arein. It shows up as C:\DOCUME~1\DEBONO> and that is it. How do I get to my folder.

7. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

use the command
    CD \"folder route"
    ie cd \docume~1\debono would be the folder you are in now the CD \ command tell it to change to whatever directory you specify after the \

8. debono

debono Guest

sorry i am new to all this,
    what do i actually type.

9. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

if you tell me the actual location of the folder i will be able to tell you

10. debono

debono Guest

C:\Documents and Settings\debono\Game Isos

11. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

cd \docume~1\debono\Game Isos should do it

12. debono

debono Guest

You have typed cd \docume~1\debono\Game Isos
    In the dos boxit just says
    C:\DOCUME~1\DEBONO>
    how do you change the C:\ to cd.
    it wont delete

13. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

you dont delete it just type it in after the c:\"etc" bit and hit enter

14. debono

debono Guest

i got the directory wrong. It was in C:\Documents and Settings\debono\Saved files
    so i did what you told me but it came up with invalid directory

15. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

you must leave a space between cd and \ or it wont work sorry that was my fault.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2003
  16. debono

debono Guest

i did that but it said too many parametres - files
    what do i exactly have to type now i have corrected my mistake in the directory

17. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

cd \docume~1\debono\saved files
    should be correct type this exaxtly as it is or copy and paste it in, if this wont work then recheck your file names dont type documents and settins though use docume~1

18. debono

debono Guest

The dos box has now came up as C:\documents and settings
    The iml and ims files are in
    C:\Documents and Settings\debono\Saved files
    what do I actualy have to type

19. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

cd \docume~1\debono\saved files

20. debono

debono Guest

ok i did that and it went to the next line and said
    C:\Docume~1\debono\saved files.
    Then what do i type

21. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

iml2iso yourgame.iml burnme.iso
    relace "your game" with the file name of the iml you are trying to convert and "burnme" with the ouput file name you want to use