1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Immediate help with NOKIA DV3 DBOX !!!

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by dbox101, Jul 16, 2007.

1. dbox101

dbox101 Member

Hi, i have got a nokia dv3 and i have been trying to flash it since past 2 days and its not working let me explaing it as follow:

1- I have got a null modem and a broadband cross wire, and i have got the software for flashing, as well as the image "latestsportster2x"

2- Now i plugg the null modem to the dbox and to the my pc, and then i change the ip address, default gateway and preferred DNS server to "192.168.1.1" the subnet mask turns automatically to something like this 255.255.0.01, after that i start the software and plug the ethernet crosswire into the box, and when prompts i plugg in the box.

3- two windows pops up, one with the white background and no text in there just 2 buttons one of which says Bendeen, and 2nd window is grey and its got some german text in there, alot of check boxes including on the top left it says "DBOX2 IP ADDRESS" which would be different each time i try to flash, the 2nd window has a button that says "start" on it when i click it, sometimes it would just give me a pop up error straightway which is in german and i cant understand it at all, other times it would actually show a text window that looks a little bit like a chatting window of the messengers, and in the typing field it says "help" and on the bottom right there are 2 buttons when says "cmd" other says "execute script" if i click on CMD then it says error connecting to the DBOX "timeout"

I also turn my anti virus and firewall off before trying this, so i have no idea what is it that i am doing wrong could you kindly help me out with that please, also is it possible to flash one NOKIA DV3 DBOX from another working DV3 Nokia Dbox????

2. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Gateway and DNS are for a connection to the outer world.
    Delete the contents of both fields and use subnet mask 255.255.255.0
    Use IFA for flashing.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  3. ManofS

ManofS Guest

broadband cross wire? make sure it's a CROSS OVER PATCH LEAD - a standard patch lead (like from broadband modem to PC) isn't a cross-over lead

4. ManofS

ManofS Guest

Also, give both the DBox and the PC different static IPs, but the subnet masks the same - forget the DNS and gateway addresses.

5. dbox101

dbox101 Member

First of all thanks for the replies guys i appreciate that, secondly,
    heres what i did today:

1- As u guys said, i put in IP as 192.162.1.1 and left the rest of the fields empty and the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0

Using IFA i tried again to flash it but no difference it still comes up with the same error window, on the bottom right it says Pinging to DBOX2 failed.

2- Cross over lead ? Isnt it the one that goes from my modem to my PC? if its not could you kindly elaborate what is it, where can i get it from? and also heres how i am doing the wiring could you tell me what am i doing wrong ?

I have 9-pin-female to female cable(Null modem) that i connect to my pc and the other end goes into my box,

Then the blue Ethernet cable, one end connected to my modem and other end goes into the ethernet port of the Dbox.

6. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

A crossover network cable has crossed wires to connect 2 end devices directly.
    Your cable from your cable modem is a 1:1 wired straigh through cable.
    Buy a crossover cable via ebay.

7. dbox101

dbox101 Member

Oh i got it, i know what it is, i have got the cross over cable sorry i thought they are same as the ethernet 1:1, ok so now what shall i do ?

8. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Connect box and pc via nullmodem and crossover cable, start IFA, select with nullmodem, select your image and if IFA tell you to plugin your box plug in the power plug.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  9. dbox101

dbox101 Member

Ok although I am using the Crossover cable now, but I am still getting the same old errors and honestly I have no idea what’s wrong here is what I am doing:

1- Connect the box and my pc with Null modem and Cross over cable
    2- I start the IFA
    3- Select the options including Image file.
    4- Then in the network settings I put IP = 192.168.1.1
    and Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0
    5- Then I click on start button on IFA
    6- IFA asks me to plug in the box after clicking ok and I do
    7- I get 2 windows one with the white background and other with the grey background.
    8- The grey background window has a ‘start’ and ‘stop’ button the stop button is
    disabled. When I click on the start button I get one of the 3 errors.
    9- Sometimes a pop up window with a red warning sign and the text is in german
    10- Other times I would get this popup window that is in german but in the end of the message it mentions my IP which is 192.168.1.1

What do you guys make of it? really need some help!

10. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

You have to set the IP of your card in the settings for your card in the network folder and not inside IFA.
    Start IFA, select with nullmodem, choose your image, click at start and plug in your box.
    Leave your fingers away from the icon at the bottom of your pc screen.

11. dbox101

dbox101 Member

I am not changing any settings from IFA, the network settings that i am changing are from the 'network connection' then right click on the network icon, and select tcp ip and then i click on properties and in their i put IP as 192.168.1.1 and Subnet mask put in automatically as 255.255.255.0, honestly its getting sickening but i am positive that i will get there, theres something thats not happening right and i need to find out whats that, and i cant do it on my own, dont have enough knowledge, need help from you guys thanks for your patience with me.

12. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

After a failed attempt click copy to clipboard inside IFA and paste the text here in your posting.

13. dbox101

dbox101 Member

Well thankfully i have Flashed my BOX. But now theres a new issue when i got to Scan, after hitting 75495000 or something it comes up with an error "NO CHANNELS FOUND"

Could you please help me what the hell is wrong, does that mean i need to Flash my box with a new image ?

14. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Wot image is on your box now mate........paul

15. dbox101

dbox101 Member

I have got the following image

sportster_12_11_05_2x

Aparently i need an XML file for Derby Area. I dunno where i can get one from. but i think its the image which is not working properly?

any thoughts ?

16. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

None the wiser mate pm me your addy and ile post you one that will work after a scan no probs.................. paul

17. dbox101

dbox101 Member

ya sure my e-mail is:

dive-inme@excite.com

appreciate ur efforts.

18. dbox101

dbox101 Member

Alright, well i have tried everything within my power but
    the Channels are not showing at all. Each time i scan, after a while it comes up with the following MSG (No channels found)

there are 2 options in the service menu before i scan as follows:

cableuk sym6887
    cableuk sum6952

When i scan with the 6887 it shows no Transponders at all
    and after a while it says = no channels found

But when i scan with 6952 it shows about 33 transponders and then comes up with the same errors mesage as = no channels found

I live in DERBY, Really need some help PPL.

19. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

I have sent you a link to a folder named d box
    Download and flash the Tardis image from that folder
    And see how that goes ..............Paul

20. dbox101

dbox101 Member

Hey thanks man, I have flashed the box with Tardis and i have got the channels finally THANKS A MILLION FOR YOUR HELP.

Couple of things though :

1- I am not getting any of the sky movies, is it normal ?

2- I am not getting the menu they way i use to get on the sportster
    it was practical is there a way to change the menu style to the
    old way where by pressing 'Tv' i would get a list of 'Catergories'
    and then i would pick the channel i want to watch ???