1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Import emails to other computer

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by migTMC, Apr 22, 2012.

1. migTMC

migTMC Member

Hello, I am going to reinstall XP Pro on one of my computers and I want to keep all the emails I have on Outlook Express. How do I do that without having to physically save every message one by one?

I thought maybe I could import all email messages to my second computer's Outlook Express, but I don't know how to do that if it is possible.

Assistance is greatly appreciated.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

do this using windows explorer not internet explorer. make certain all hidden files & folders are unhidden. go to your account in documents & settings & goto local settings, goto identities & open up the folder that has letters & numbers for a name. in there you will see a microsoft folder & in that is outlook express folder. copy that folder.

3. migTMC

migTMC Member

I t
    I tried that three years ago the last time I reinstalled XP Pro and then when I copied that entire Outlook Express document with its files into the appropriate folder, it didn't show up in Outlook Express. I assume that will happen again so I'm hoping other people can confirm what to do to overcome that happening again.

4. migTMC

migTMC Member

Thanks, worked well, much appreciated.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

spammer spammed.

6. Glacy

Glacy Member

Hello there,
    You can save all your mails by saving PST file and configuring in other Outlook or if you have lost your Outlook mails than, Outlook express recovery of data can be easily done just you need to use some tools that to do Outlook express mail recovery. There are many software which can be used and after you can recover mail indirectly PST file recovery which hold all your data and finally you will be featured with all your mails.

Regards
    Glacy

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012