1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Import Games, REALLY NEED HElP

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Kyuss88, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Kyuss88

Kyuss88 Guest

Well basically i got a copy of xenosaga dvdr and my playstation won't boot it ? Also if i bought the orignal can u? And how do u play american orginals on my chipped PS2?

Also can u play american orginals online in england?

2. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

What modchip do you have? Be a little bit more specific than I might be able to help you. Thanks

3. Kyuss88

Kyuss88 Guest

sorry took so long to reply , i have a neo 2.2

4. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

Yea no problem. Well I did a little research on the chip and found out you need a Game Shark 2 or Swap Discs. Also I found out that the Neo 2.2 can't play the orignal ps2 import. You need to make a backup of it and patch it first so it's PAL.

Here's some booting instructions...
    http://www.chipzone.com/installation/playstation2/operating/neo22op.cfm

I'm not sure about playing American orginal games online though. I don't think so because you can't use the orginal import disc, and you can't play backups online because they check if you have the original disc or you can't play.

5. convolute

convolute Regular member

Xenosaga is a DVD9 game; could that be a reason why i cannot boot because with neo and swapdisks? The swap disks work with table of contents size and being a DVD9 game, it is far too large to load with the swap disks presently available.

6. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

Did you patch the game first?