1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Import Gaming

Discussion in 'PS2' started by RPGJunkie, Feb 2, 2007.

1. RPGJunkie

RPGJunkie Member

I've only had my PS2 (PAL) a few months, it's a Satin Silver SCPH7500X model, i'm after importing some games from the US but to be honest i'm in over my head with all these mod chips and boot discs and after a good few days of research i'm more than just a little confused.

All I want to do is play orginal import games, not interested in back copies and the likes, i'd prefer not to have to open the console up which is why i've been looking into the Swap Magic discs but now i've read that it doesn't work with dual layer DVDs (i'm assuming that's for originals as well). Are chips the best way to go if I just want to insert the disc and play?

If anyone can help me out with this decision i'd be grateful

Cheers!

2. jenko6a

jenko6a Guest

you say you just want to insert the game and play. You wont be able to do that with SM and as you say you cant play DL games. Also SM isnt compatilbe withh all DVD5 games as well e.g. fifa street needs rebuilding or cogswap loader

3. RPGJunkie

RPGJunkie Member

Wrong choice of words there, i don't mind using the SM disc and the magic keys, it's just that i don't really have the facilities to start burning and recoding discs (just moved over to a mac and there's always compatibility issues with programmes), and after reading through all these posts it seems to be common practice with SM.

So will a modchip be the best option for me? And which are the best for my model of PS2?