1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Import PAL games on north american PS 1

Discussion in 'PS2' started by TehParts, Aug 14, 2003.

1. TehParts

TehParts Member

I was thinking of getting an import (PAL) game for my Playstation 1.. Model: SCPH-5501 (its an older one).. and I was wondering before I order it, if I can even play it using the NoModChip disc swapping trick.. Do you need a euro TV that supports PAL? or a real mod chip? or will it play like a normal back up game?

Any help would be nice, thanks
    The game I was thinking of getting is Thrill Kill.. I can only find PAL versions on Ebay

2. Azathoth

Azathoth Member

PAL games will boot on a US PS machine assuming you have some booting method for CDR's (modchip, swap disks, swap trick, whatever). However, the signal output will still be PAL. In order to convert the signal to NTSC you'll either need to apply a game-specific patch to the game and reburn it, or you can boot it with the "Import Player" disk which will convert the majority of PAL games to NTSC.

Send me a private message if you need more information.

3. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

How much is the Import Player disc and where can I find it?

4. Azathoth

Azathoth Member

The Import Player disk is free, you can find it for download at most Psx utilities sites. I'm pretty sure Megagames.com has it for download. The most recent version is called "Import Player Lite V2.1" or something.

The Import Player converts PAL/NTSC, and also overrides any anti-chip or anti-GS checks Psx games have.

5. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Oh, so it's not for PS2?

6. Azathoth

Azathoth Member

Nope, it's for PS1.

7. gkabir

gkabir Member

Hi,
    I bought some games from Australia that requres pal system in my PS1. How can I convert or play those imported games in my US game console? Is there any adaptor I can buy that will do it?
    thank you
    kabir