1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Important - Adding THX intro vobs! Aspect Ratio help

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by ptwenty, Oct 13, 2004.

1. ptwenty

ptwenty Guest

Hi - I want to add a THX 5.1 intro clip to a DVD I'm going to author (movie only - no menus - film is 16:9)

THX vob is fine (48kHz audio etc) but in 4:3

Problem is when I use Ifoedit to add the vob, the aspect ratio of the vob takes over the project and makes my movie 4:3

Question - can I use a setting in Ifoedit or Vobedit to make the aspect ratio 16:9 for the whole movie including the THX intro vob?

OR do I have to convert the THX intro vob to 16:9 before I can add it to my movie??

Any help would be really appreciated.

Ptwenty

2. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

3. ptwenty

ptwenty Guest

Yeah - tried it, and unless I'm doing it wrong, the problem is dvd Shrink Re-Author won't find the VOB file unless it is part of a BUP,IFO,VOB set. It won't let me add a single VOB to the start of my main movie.

I need IFOedit whizz kids to put me straight.

They hold the knowledge!

Ptwenty

4. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

If you use IfoEdit to "Create IFOs", you should then be able to open the VOB with Shrink. ;)

5. ptwenty

ptwenty Guest

Cheers DDlooping - I got it sorted eventually.

Problem with Create IFOs was that it said my vob was invalid (or it couldn't find vob unit - whatever that means).

Got it sorted by using VOBedit to demux into m2v + ac3 - then used IFOedit to "Author new DVD" using my demuxed files.

When it muxed them it seemed to sort the problem and I could then use DVD Shrink.

But this wasn't before I banged my head off the desk for the best part of the day!!

Cheers to all who helped.

ptwenty

6. ptwenty

ptwenty Guest

Just realised that it was only you that helped ddlooping.

So thank YOU mate.

ptwenty

7. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

You're welcome, ptwenty, I'm glad you found a solution to your problem. ;)