I successfully backed up all my games using wxripper, open drive method, and ss merger then burning with imgburn. I used S5D4 of "Angel" which was 7.96gig and saved layout. Then I changed third sector to a dummy file (D109344)which worked on all my games, and burned them. I then played the backups for hours without problems. That was a few days ago. Recently, I again attempted to play the backups and most did not work very long, most froze with error within a few minutes most on reload gave instant "unrecognized disk" errors. The disks were a combination of Verbatim and the Office Depot brand. After much more thought than necessary I recognized the problem, a problem in which defies my logic for the most part. Yesterday I printed professional looking cd covers and stuck them to all the games. No harm as of yet right? WRONG! Somehow applying my own covers disrupts the disks as they heat up. Does not seem to make any sense but I have now experimented for 7 hours straight on them and it is the cause of the "unrecognized disk" errors. If the game does load it freezes at a certain point with the "dirty disk" error then on reload the other error. I put in the disks to see the error and instantly removed the label and in every case, now 9 games, the game worked perfectly for at least 30 minutes each and a previously errored Phantasy Star has worked for 3 hours straight. It is research beyond coincidence at this point and everyone beware what they put on there backups. It may work for awhile as some of mine did but as they heat up odd things can happen.