1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IMPORTANT, LABELING YOUR 360 GAMES

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Blasterjk, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Blasterjk

Blasterjk Guest

I successfully backed up all my games using wxripper, open drive method, and ss merger then burning with imgburn. I used S5D4 of "Angel" which was 7.96gig and saved layout. Then I changed third sector to a dummy file (D109344)which worked on all my games, and burned them. I then played the backups for hours without problems. That was a few days ago. Recently, I again attempted to play the backups and most did not work very long, most froze with error within a few minutes most on reload gave instant "unrecognized disk" errors. The disks were a combination of Verbatim and the Office Depot brand. After much more thought than necessary I recognized the problem, a problem in which defies my logic for the most part. Yesterday I printed professional looking cd covers and stuck them to all the games. No harm as of yet right? WRONG! Somehow applying my own covers disrupts the disks as they heat up. Does not seem to make any sense but I have now experimented for
    7 hours straight on them and it is the cause of the "unrecognized disk" errors. If the game does load it freezes at a certain point with
    the "dirty disk" error then on reload the other error. I put in the disks to see the error and instantly removed the label and in every case, now 9 games, the game worked perfectly for at least 30 minutes
    each and a previously errored Phantasy Star has worked for 3 hours straight. It is research beyond coincidence at this point and everyone
    beware what they put on there backups. It may work for awhile as some of mine did but as they heat up odd things can happen.

2. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

The best way is to use a sharpie for labeling the discs though it may not look so attractive and professional,unless if you're using printable discs which will then add a nice look to the discs.That's why in the media forum also,we recommend people not to use any sticker to label discs,it may work for a while just as in your case but will most probably get problem after.

Vincent.

3. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

I remember people having this problem a while back. I never bother witht labelling my disks because of this very reason.

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  5. Memnock

Memnock Active member

labels on any disc = BAD!!!

I 1st learned that a long type ago with a CD-R getting stucking my car stero, because got so hot that the label started to peel off in there.

6. steimy

steimy Active member

yeah, a shrpie is the way to go, unless you have a burner that can do lightscribe and then you can use those discs and get the pictures off the net to label them.

7. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

You could use light scribe. It is amazing, because you can import pictures off the net. I love it. The only downfall is the disks are a little more. Oh well, it looks better, and I can pass them off as originals. Hehehehe... *evil look*

8. andersg

andersg Regular member

You mean the lightscribe makes them look that good? Good enough to look original?

9. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

YES! I will try to post pics later!

10. Blasterjk

Blasterjk Guest

I do not believe as of yet there are DL lightscribe disks available however you could go the inkjet dl method which are available in dvd+r dl format. I would not even bother paying the extra amount for them at this point though....sharpie sounds the way to go.

11. steimy

steimy Active member

Lightscribe doesn't look like an original disc.
    1. the discv is gold on top
    2. they are in black and gold

an inkjet printer would make them in color and you could make them look very much like originals.
    http://www.lightscribe.com/ideas/labelgallery.aspx?id=833
    there is what they look like, very nice but nothing like an original.

12. Kblake

Kblake Member

Does anyone know where you can find the artwork for your backups, something like bhetrick has pictured. Thanks!

13. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Go to google- Click the images tab, and type the name of the Game

14. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

lightscribe is nice, but it takes forever, i have had my lightscribe burner since before it was popular and have only used the light scribe on it once, it took an hour to put a label on cd...:(

15. Kblake

Kblake Member

Im not a complete idiot.. I realize if you go to google and type in the name of the game and click images it will show up, I was asking if anyone knows if you can just download a layout like he has and just print it out. It looks like he is downloading the labels already setup with the instructions and cd inside tabs, thats what im looking for.

16. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

17. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I think I typed those up himself

18. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

I use either covergalaxy or console-covers to get the art. But those jackets for the slim cases I made myself with Autocad.

19. steimy

steimy Active member