1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***Important Message For Everyone!***

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Nephilim, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hiya folks, I need to ask everyone to keep a couple things in mind while in the forums.

I need to ask folks that when reporting problems via the offensive post report feature to leave it at just that - report it. I've seen a trend where folks will chastise the person being reported and oftentimes add something to the effect of "*reported* in their post. This gives the forums an air of a strict police state and when viewed objectively makes our community look bad. When a someone is slammed and "reported" it creates a conflict right then and there and makes the situation more complicated and hard to deal with. Small friendly reminders with a smile or wink are fine but these confrontational situations need to stop. Part of our job is to clarify the rules so when someone already gets hammered by one or more members then once again when a Mod gets there it creates creates an situation where the offender is getting unnecessarily dogpiled.

The object of the offensive post report feature is to allow folks to anonymously report problems so us Mods can deal with it, do the dirty work and get pegged as the "Bad Guy" when someone gets uppity about following the rules - that's what we're here for. With us Mods doing our job it allows the rest of the community to relax and concentrate on what we're all here for - to dish out help in a fun, friendly manner.

In a nutshell everyone - keep those reports flowing in, let us Mods do the dirty work and most of all everyone have fun!

Thanks folks :D

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007
  2. xxteakxx

xxteakxx Regular member

So Nephilim, you're saying that when we report, we're not supposed to post "reported", because according to jannejt on the feeding the spammers sticky.

3. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

*Reported*
    ^.^
    Fair enough. Can we do it to the spammers?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  4. Nephilim

Posting *reported* is perfectly fine for spammers since we usually get a deluge of reports from those and it can take a long time to clear them all :p

5. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

O.K. I, too, use to put "reported" so that others would know, but I'll stop.

6. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

The reason that I advise the post has been reported is to save the mods from being swamped by "offensive post " reports. I assume once a member sees that it has been reported then they know action is pending.

7. ireland

ireland Active member

neph
    if what ye posted is to be so,get it posted in the main rules so all can read them..

8. Nephilim

ireland,

dRD's already covered the basic topic here. I just wanted to post something a bit newer and more specific.

I'm afraid I may have come across badly and don't want anyone to think I'm upset or somehow angry at anyone for using "reported" in their posts because I'm not. I REALLY appreciate everyone's willingness to help out and all I'm after is for folks to ease up on it because I'm seeing cases where newbies don't understand the reason folks are posting that and they end up taking it the wrong way. The only type of threads I see that get overreported are the spammer/scammer types and the occasional thread where something really heavy is going down so aside from those types of threads stating it's been reported can cause more harm than good.

Again, basically all we want is for the community to deal with newbies on a friendly basis and leave all the negativity and wrist slapping to us :)

9. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

so no more of the "Wolves Feeding Time Threads" correct?

this is very unnecessary and does make the site look bad

10. rav009

rav009 Active member

I have to agree. Personally, I only ever do that to spam and torrent invites.

11. hursty

hursty Active member

If threads are being multi-reported,i am pretty sure it wouldnt be that hard to re-write the script which only allows a thread to be reported just the once
    And when someone attempts to report an already reported thread,you get a kind message.."thanks,but this ones done...have a nice day"

12. Nephilim

Thanks for the understanding everyone. Everyone does such a great job here I hate to seem like I'm ragging on you all or somehow unappreciative.

13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

neph, you know we all love you like a hernia. ^.~