1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Important Question.... Please Help?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by DesiRoxta, Mar 11, 2005.

1. DesiRoxta

DesiRoxta Member

Hello guys.... I just purchased an imported copy of Gran Turismo 4 and i have a magic 3.1 or the newest one whichever it is. Anywho, i imported it from india, and i am not sure whether its gonna be a PAL or a NTSC, but i do know that my t.v does not support PAL. Can anyone tell me if theere is a certain way maybe that i might be able to play this game? I heard that the PAL -----> NTSC patcher does not work with GT4 but maybe i heard wrong... Thank you sooo much for your time :) Have a great day :)

2. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

GT4 can't be copied, so patching wouldn't work. Your best bet is to get a multisytem tv. They are not that expensive. This place is located in Chicago.

http://www.bombayelectronics.com/tv/

3. DesiRoxta

DesiRoxta Member

soo........ it won't work than right? My t.v is brand new its a 50" high definitioin t.v but im sure it doesnt support PAL.... so it is like 100% guaranteed that the copy of GT4 that i imported wont work? Cause dude i cannot spend like 400 bucks on a PAL NTSC t.v :-( don't got the cash man :-/. thanks for your time dude

4. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

The Magic chips don't have an option to convert the signal (At least the Magic V doesn't. I'm not sure about the Magic 3.1 chip.). If you have a chip like the dms4 pro, or the matrix infinity, they have options to automatically convert the signal to NTSC and they have a feature to center the screen, by changing the y-fix offset.

You could try cheat codes (Gameshark, Codebreaker) to convert the signal. You can use Codeseek made by Pyriel to find out the pal2ntsc code and the y-fix code as well. You can download it here: http://www.codemasters-project.net/portal-english/apportal/inc/upload/PS2-Tools/codeseek.rar
    You can find some useful guides on how to hack the codes here:
    http://www.codemasters-project.net/portal-english/apportal/index.php3?site=theme_detail&themeid=4

5. DesiRoxta

DesiRoxta Member

hey bro...... thanks a bunch fior the help man... I really appreciate it :) Im not much of a expert when it comes to code changing woulkd it be ok if i asked for ur assistance :) thank yoiu man :)

6. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

Do you have Codebreaker or gameshark v3/4?

7. DesiRoxta

DesiRoxta Member

yes i have gameshark 3

8. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

There is another thing you could try. You will need a cheat enhancer (gameshark, codebreaker, or xploder).

1)Download Codeseek and unzip it
    http://www.codemasters-project.net/portal-english/apportal/inc/upload/PS2-Tools/codeseek.rar
    2)Put your game in the dvd drive.
    3)Run codeseek.exe
    4)Check the boxes for Master Code and PAL2NTSC.
    5)Click Search ELF
    6)Locate and select the SLES or SCES file in the dvd drive where you have the game.

You will get a screen like this. Your results will be different than this.
    [​IMG]
    This result gives us 6 different Mastercode possibilities and 1 possible PAL2NTSC code.

7)Try each one of the Mastercodes that you get seperately. See if the game will load with any of them. If you find one where the game loads with the mastercode on, type in the PAL2NTSC code as your second cheat and see if the game will correctly display for you.

You can also try the y-fix codes using codeseek to center the screen.

This (M) should work for you. Try to see if the PAL2NTSC codes work.

GT4 (PAL)

(M)
    F0100008 0058EF8B

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
  9. DesiRoxta

DesiRoxta Member

Dude...... thank you SOOO MUCH MAN! God bless you man. You've helped me more than anyone else has on this forum, you're truly a great pereson :) Thanks!

OH yeah and one more thing man..., you think it should work? I cant try it until like 1 more week, but do you think it should work if i do this? thanks for your time man :)

10. DesiRoxta

DesiRoxta Member

oh and would this work with any other code peripheral? Such as gameshark v.5 or action replay? Thanks again man :)

11. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

This will work for any device, but for some, you have to convert the codes.

For these, you don't have to convert anything.
    Codebreaker v1-9
    Gameshark v3-4

For the rest, converting is needed. Gameshark v5 uses a top line in their (M) codes that identify the game. I don't know how to create this code. The other devices, I can help you out with, if you need it.

Whether or not it will work, give it a try and see what happens. You could always get the USA version of the game, if it doesn't work.

12. DesiRoxta

DesiRoxta Member

heyaa man. I tried the same procedure on my PAL copy of The getaway part 1. I used the potential master codes in game shark giving them the name of (M) so it turns green. Ive tried every master code given it doesnt load. The game will load. it'll only get past the gameshark screen then the screen will turn blank :-( i duno,... maybe im doing something wrong? im not sure i followed the procedure exactly.. any help bro? thanks man....

13. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

This should be the (M) code for The Getaway

(M)
    F0100008 00310E2F

14. DesiRoxta

DesiRoxta Member

hey bro... if you don't mind me asking. May you plase telll me where you get these (M) codes... thank you very much man :)

15. DesiRoxta

DesiRoxta Member

oh and also man.. just to get this 100% straight.... i take the master code ie for the getaway, that you gave me. I create a new game file in my gameshark screen, and for the codename i write (M) and then the code you gave me in the code entry screen..... and lets say if that works, and the game loads fine. Then do i take the PAL2NTSC code and write it in the same (M) code or make the PAL2NTSC code a different code? Thanks for your time buddy :)

16. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

Start up your gameshark and create a new game. In this case, I would name the new game The Getaway (PAL).

Then, the first code would be the (M) code. In this case, F0100008 00310E2F.

The second code would be your PAL2NTSC code.

The 3rd code would be a y-fix code (this attempts to center the converted screen image).

For the (M) codes, go here:
    http://xs.xploder.net/xploder/xplod...26b9-4c91-9aff-e6aa4b4d3485&fs=&uid=&q=&c=ps2

It's the website for xploder, which is the european version of gameshark. Find a game, then select v4 codes. Then, use a program called Maxconvert and convert the Xploder v4 (M) code to raw format. You can get Maxconvert here:
    http://www.codemasters-project.net/portal-english/apportal/request.php?6

Here are the codes for The Getaway (PAL) listed at Xploder:
    http://xs.xploder.net/xploder/xploderui.asp?PID=90&SID=797487&gameid=13697&tab=gc&vn=4

In this case, The Getawsy (PAL) has an Xploder v4 (M) code of F453B63A FF744516. Run Maxconvert and convert the code to raw. The source is GS2v3/4 and the output is raw.

This is the result I got. F0100008 00310E2F

[​IMG]

17. DesiRoxta

DesiRoxta Member

man i tried the getaway code you gave ma and it still goes to that blank screen and stops :-(..... I dunno whats wrong man but when i try to run the getaway PAL without the gameshark on my magic 3.1 it works fine the only problem is the screen isnt centered and its black and white. I dunno why it isnt loading with my gameshark. I go to start game With Codes... and it waits i switch disks the screen goes blank and stops :-/

18. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

It could be v1.1 or v1.2

v1.1 (M)
    90310E2C 0C0C501D

v1.2 (M)
    9030DE34 0C0C4417

19. DesiRoxta

DesiRoxta Member

heya man, i was wrong its gameshark v.2 and yes the (M) code you gave me works and it starts up my PAL version of the Getaway. However, im confused at one part, the PAL2NTSC code part. The PAL2NTSC code i used maxconvert and tried to convert it from RAW to AR2/GS2V2 and i used that code but it still flickers and its still in black and white. Should i use the PAL2NTSC code as it is in the ELF file without converting it or should i convert it? if so how could i go about converting it? Im really confused about the PAL2NTSC code part man:-(
    thanks for your time again bro i cant thank you enough buddy. God blesss

20. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

You have GS2V2? What are you using for the (M) code?