1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

imported game works but screen shakes (PLEASE HELP)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ub2cool4u, Jun 4, 2003.

1. ub2cool4u

ub2cool4u Guest

I just bought a new imported game called "cricket 2002" for my PS2 made by ea sports, and I tried it with the flip top and swap magic 2.0 . It worked but it was in black and white and the screen kept on shaking up and down, WHAT SHOULD I DO? PLEASE HELP! is there a mod chip that I can buy that I won't have to solder to play cricket 2002

2. 3MiNeM

3MiNeM Guest

Flip tops don't have support for imports. I'm not sure, but theremay be some sort of patches on the internet for it.

3. Tyransour

Tyransour Guest

The game you bought is a PAL version but the TV in USA only works with NTCS version.
    Too bad, not all the TV in the world uses the same frequency.

4. ub2cool4u

ub2cool4u Guest

so there is no way of me being able to play cricket 2002 on my U.S. PS2 with the flip top and swap magic? is there another modchip that I can buy that will allow for me to be able to play it?

5. jumbo11

jumbo11 Regular member

TV MODE > PAL

6. ub2cool4u

ub2cool4u Guest

How do I change my TV mode?

7. jumbo11

jumbo11 Regular member

i don't know bro - my tv doesn't have this option.

what TV do you got? check your manual?

8. 3MiNeM

3MiNeM Guest

gO to www.megagames.com, they have pal to ntsc converter patches and programs. Make sure you get one that not only recolers your game, but fixes the screen position. Hope this helps!

9. ub2cool4u

ub2cool4u Guest

I saw a modchip called the magic 3.1 it says that there is no need for ea sports patches it will play all imported ea sports games with no problem and no swaping. Do you think this will make it work?

10. ModMaster

ModMaster Member

No the EA patching is a serperate issue to the problem you are having. PAL games run at 50Hz while NTSC runs at 60Hz. If your TV is not capable of changing to 50Hz to accomodate a PAL signal then you can either patch the game or get a new TV.

In the UK if we try and run an NTSC game on a PAL tv then it plays in black and white unless we use an RGB scart lead. I don't think the US uses scart so I'm not sure how youd get round the black and white issue but it would probably mean a different lead other than composite.

11. Tyransour

Tyransour Guest

Your games, PS2 and flip top are all working properly.
    The problem is your TV!
    your TV only accept American frequency, but the game is using European frequency.

Clear enought?

12. ub2cool4u

ub2cool4u Guest

Hey 3MiNeM I need help finding the program off of megagames.com can you show the the steps to finding it? I tried to go to the web site but I can't find it, so can you show me the steps to finding it?

13. 3MiNeM

3MiNeM Guest

Sure, I'll look anround and post a site when I come across the patch.

14. 3MiNeM

3MiNeM Guest

15. 3MiNeM

3MiNeM Guest

The way I found it was on google I typed in "cricket 2002 pal to NTSC" lol.

16. ub2cool4u

ub2cool4u Guest