1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imported PS2 game (Naruto Hero 2) backup problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by schoe, Jan 18, 2005.

1. schoe

schoe Member

So after I backed up the original game, I'm left with a ISO/MDS file. I burned the backup with DVD Decryptor on a DVD-R CD at 1x speed, but all I get is a red screen that says "Please insert a Playstation or Playstation 2 format disc" or something like that. I did some searching through the threads, and led me to believe that I need a mod chip to pull this off..either that, or get a "Swap Magic" CD with a flip top case for my PS2...is there any other possibly way to have the backup CD load up on the PS2? I also read that you can take the "front tray" off the PS2 and switch a white pin from left to right or something like that to kinda trick the PS2..can anyone provide a good screenshot on how to switch this pin? (stickies from this and other forums have yet to show me a good, full pic of this).

Or am I just gonna have to ditch backing up the 8 other PS2 games I have and just stick with originals?

Edit: Oh yea...I have a "Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K14L"...in case you might need to know this.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  2. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

As has been said in a million other threads, to play backups on the PS2, you must use either a mod chip, or the swap method ala Swap Magic.

3. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Doing the slidecard method isn't very difficult and doesn't work on the slimline. If you already have your front tray piece off, just take a look straight inside and look for a small white peg that should be just to the right off center in the tray opening.
    This is the peg that you push far to the right, then it allows you to manually pull open your tray to make the swap, and push it back in manually as well. Then you need to push the pin all the way back to the left where it started.