1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Improve mp3 audio clarity

Discussion in 'Audio' started by theone3nu, May 23, 2007.

1. theone3nu

theone3nu Member

hi friends.,...... how to improve my mp3 songs audio clarity with out any distortion . i used mp3 trim but it results in distortion.mp3 gain i donow how to use it. so please give me any suggeestions...

2. colw

colw Active member

A significant amount of the original information has been lost during the conversion to MP3 format.

Not much you can do to improve quality - cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

3. theone3nu

theone3nu Member

is there any other solutions friends........ advance thanks

4. adamm12

adamm12 Guest

5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

to expand on what colw stated, there really isn't much you can do to improve quality of compressed formats, especially lossy formats such as mp3. compressed files already have a lot of their quality stripped from them in order to get the file sizes so small. unless its properly encoded with a good codec like LAME using VBR settings, mp3s typically won't sound as good as the original files. there's really no way of getting that quality back unless you have the original source of your mp3 (such as the audio CD...)

6. tyrantdj

tyrantdj Regular member

You could try compression and eqing to brighten up frequencies and overall volume. But a bad recording is always going to be a bad recording.

7. theone3nu

theone3nu Member

do anyone know about mp3 gain software. how to use it..... it will increase mp3 audio clarity without distortion buy how to use it.. if anyone knows please post reply thanks for advance......

8. djscoop

djscoop Active member

it won't increase the quality. mp3 gain is used for boosting the overall level or normalizing the level of an mp3 file. once again...there's really nothing you can do to increase the overall quality with compressed lossy files.

9. colw

colw Active member

Agree with djscoop here - you are attempting to flog a dead horse.

If the quality of your current mp3 songs is crap - there is no way you can improve it other than re-ripping the originals in a higher quality format.

10. theone3nu

theone3nu Member

ok thanks for reply...... i am using mp3 trim now..... it increases the sound but with little distortion...

11. jonnadal

jonnadal Member