1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In Compression Settings need help

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by EliteTMP, Mar 7, 2007.

1. EliteTMP

EliteTMP Member

Looking on a Guide i said something about Video in Compression Settings...Its got 4-5 Option...Everytime i add more Episode the Percent of it goes down to about 40%.....then i switched it to Custom Ratio then i go to about 70% where it doesnt get to the Red Area....Im wanna ask what does this part of DVD Shrink do? Will it help me to use Custom Ratio and adjust it so i am at 70% or so?

Im thinking this part is some kind of adjust the Quality or something...Hope someone can anqswe me what this part does and should i be messing with it thanks

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

It's helps you choose your custom compression ratio. Would be best left at automatic. Shrink does a good job at that setting - the end result should have good quality. (just depends on how much compression is needed - less is better)

Lowering it down means more compression and less quality.

You might just want to burn what stays in the 70% + or higher category then do a 2nd dvd for the rest of the episodes.

3. bahgee

bahgee Guest

I use shrink all the time and i'm a huge fan. I often cut out the trailers and warnings by opting for movie only option on dvdfab decrypter. Is there any way to leave the scene selection/menu screen and cut the other warnings and previews?. I try not to go under 70% myself, but i would like to keep the opening menu. Any good way to do this?. Im trying to re-author in shrink and i have no idea what to cut and what to leave? Should i try another app to edit/author? Any help greatly appreciated.

4. binkie7

Hi bahgee
    Reauthor won't give you a functionally menu so the easiest way to keep the menus and just the movie would be to use RipIt4Me. Set it to movie and menu only. RipIt4Me uses Shrink, Decrypter and FixVTS - all free.

Here's a guide for RipIt4me - link

5. bahgee

bahgee Guest

Thanks will give it a run.

6. bahgee

bahgee Guest

When you say ripit4me - decryptor- shrink. Are you speaking of dvd fab decryptor or the original dvd decryptor. Im using vista sometimes. Do you know about compatibility issues there? thanks again

NEVERMIND- THERE the same thing. I guess ill just install and see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2007
  7. binkie7

The original decrypter.
    They're actually different. Different developers, user interface and DVDFab is still updated.

I think you'll be okay w/ Vista and Decrypter.

Give it a go - the easiest way that I know of to keep the menu & movie only with Shrink.

8. bahgee

bahgee Guest

microshaft can only say no. wont be the 1st time. Thank you. Seriously

9. binkie7

lol - love the 'microshaft' bit.

I'm sticking with XP for now.

And you're welcome!

10. bahgee

bahgee Guest

I got a killer price on a laptop. Catch is you it had Vista. Its a conspiracy. Otherwise I would stay on XP for the next 3 years until they fixed Vista.

Im using that guide on http://my.afterdawn.com/alkohol/blog_entry.cfm/1417
    Im using the newest version of ripit4me. Is fixvts already installed on this version?
    Seriously.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2007
  11. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

if you try to use fixvts it will tell you if there is an update

12. binkie7

When you open RipIt4Me what version of FixVTS does it show? It will show in the window.

The latest is 1.603 - you can download it here - link if needed.
    But running the installer program will install it.

13. bahgee

bahgee Guest

after i downloaded ripit4me it didn't say i had shrink or decrypter. I installed them before ripit4me. In preferences i made the path to the 2 seperate applications and it worked. My dumb arse downlded fixvts to a different system. I got rid of ripit4me and re-installed it. it still says i only have ripit4me and not decryptor or shrink when i start ripite4me up. HOwever they run w/ the one click method. Any solutions?. By the way all versions of everything are totally up to date. I used the ripit4me installer as well.I have since gotten rid of ripit4me again. Waiting for some ideas before i put ripit4me back on the machine. Any ideas?? This is on an XP system.
    Thanks so much
    I went by alkhohols step by step. Its an older version but ... Shouldnt it be the same?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2007
  14. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

ok, so let me get this straight, u have dvd shirnk and decrypter already installed on ur PC Right?

If u do then try DL an older version like 1690 HERE and install it , then set up the paths manually.

Do u know how to set up the paths manually?

What version of RI4M r u using? the Beta?

or uninstall DVDD, shrink, RI4M then
    DL ccleaner and do a registry clean.
    then install the way i said above.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  15. bahgee

bahgee Guest

I do know how to set up the paths manually. Ill get rid of 1.7.0 and use the earlier edition. give it a run.thanks

Shrink and Decryptor were already installed

ripit4me http://www.ripit4me.org/download.html 1.7.0.0

16. bahgee

bahgee Guest

Its all good. as long as the paths are good it works so... I guess the newer versions dont show shrink, decrypter and fixvts in the window when you start up ripit4me. Thanks again

I did try an older version and it did the same thing. NO worries.

17. bahgee

bahgee Guest

All the paths are there. I uninstalled it and re-installed it again for the heck of it and its showing decrypter and its edition but not shrink or fixvts. It works though.
    Im using 1.7.0 ripit4me. Its the newest.

By the way, im assuming fixvts is built in. There is no path for it under preferences as there was in earlier versions. Sorry for the long string of messages.

18. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Oh, i think i know what u mean by not showing up, like in this pic
    [​IMG]

If i remember correctly, dvd shrink and decrypter never showed up on any of the versions i had installed.

19. bahgee

bahgee Guest

YEh exactly. I dont know how to make pics and insert them. It shows decryptor only. It does not show shrink or fixvts. Last time fixvts did not come up in 1 click mode when i ripped and transcoded etc. In the preferences tab there is no option to point to the path of fixvts like there is for shrink and decrypter. Furtermore i cannot find a path to fixvts even if that was an option. I exctracted and ran the program and got the little box. Does that make sense? Sorry for the hard to figure out ranting. A picture would help so much. How do you do that? I know it says junior member. It should say newbie.

Many thanks
    ps. Im gonna do some practicing to see how things go. Please let me know how to do the pic bit. Thank you to all who have helped out.

20. binkie7

I just checked my version 1.7.0.0 - it no longer shows the version of FixVTS when you start or have a path to set in preferences.
    Looked at the change log and here's a snippet -
    28 February: Version 1.7.0.0 has been released. The major change is the adaptation of the FixVTS code within RipIt4Me. This should eliminate all those issues about not pointing correctly to FixVTS.exe. See the changelog for full details

So you're good to go.

To post a pic you'll need to do a screen shot then host it at a site like photobucket.com.
    To insert it in the post - copy and paste the url between these 2 tags (remove the astericks) [*img]url for image[/*img]