1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

in-dash dvd player

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by dragondog, May 9, 2007.

1. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

i got a dual in dash dvd player for my car and it wants me to hook it up to the emergency brake in order to play dvds, my brake is the foot brake not the hand brake and all in all i dont want to wire it to that....how can i bypass it.....i googled and only found you can do it with a toggle switch.....but HOW what do i wire the switch to.....the dvd player emerg. wire then what? is it a ground wire or a live wire?, to any ground or live? and if its to a ground then why hook it uo to a switch why not directly to a ground wire......some say the new dvd players have to have a switch but the older ones didnt.

i found this http://www.espoman.com/bypass.htm

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  2. whassup

whassup Regular member

Dude, if you're unsure about electronics, then you should let a professional do the install. Most of these players come with a schematic that answers your questions, if you can read it.

3. dragondog

dragondog Regular member

do you even know what im talking about .....are you clueless?
    aperently you have know idea.........the dvd player is switch sesitive it only activates when it senses the e-brake wire surge with power and stayes on with power when power stops dvd will stop.......and the wire diagram that comes with the dvd player will not ever give diagrams to bypass the e-brake switch