1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In desperate need of help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Roselite, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Roselite

Roselite Member

Recently, I bought Kingdom Hearts Final Mix for PS2. Unfortunately, I have an American, unmodded system (and I refuse to mod unless I have to). I was told I could play it using my Action Replay Max and a program called CD loader (also a slide card). I need some help in knowing exactly what to do to play it.

(If this isn't the right forum, please direct me to the right one.)

2. steimy

steimy Active member

usually to play import or back up games people would buy a flip top and Swap Magic.
    I have heard of people using an older version of Gameshark but it was to load PS1 games.

Mod your system. It will open up a whole new world for you and your game collection will go through the roof.

3. Roselite

Roselite Member

My dad won't let me mod the PS2. I'm gonna try to get the Swap Magic with the card thing.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

yeah, as long as it is a fat PS2 you can get Swap Magic (online) and then make a slidecard out of plastic using this template.
    http://home.earthlink.net/~moderator/id4.html#making a flip top

but trust me he will notice it is modded because you have to remove the front faceplate on the DVD drive in order to use a slidecard unless you get a set like this:
    http://www.mod-chip.com/en/slidecard_pro.php
    http://www.foundmy.com/oscom/product_info.php?products_id=173
    the faceplate is different but at least there is one.

5. Roselite

Roselite Member

He doesn't mind the faceplate thing, since it's easily put back. It's mainly the modding this voiding the warrenty that he doesn't want. Maybe when the warrenty runs out, I can mod it.

6. Roselite

Roselite Member

I just wanted to let you know what I was told:

When I bought the game, I was told that I could use my Action Replay Max's media player to load CD loader (from a flash drive). Then I would put a regular DVD game in, use the slide card, and replace that game with KH: Final Mix.

Was he correct? Because I really don't want to spend any more money on something that I'm only gonna use for ONE game.

If he is correct, why didn't it work?

7. steimy

steimy Active member

not sure as i have never used that method. When i started out i just bought Swap Magic and a fliptop. then when i got some money saved i bought a premodded systems with a DMS4 Pro modchip to get rid of the hassles of Swap Magic.

It sounds like a valid method but you will have to hope someone who has actually used it reads this post and responds.

8. Roselite

Roselite Member

Thanks. I hope someone responds too...