1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In Desperate Need Of Help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by wisepwns, Mar 29, 2007.

1. wisepwns

wisepwns Member

Ok, first off let me just say, im an idiot. I realize this fact to be true, but I really need some advice about my xbox, im not sure if this topic has already been discussed, if it has then please point me to where I need to be. I recently was trying to remove my softmods but somehow ended up deleting evox and my MSDash altogether, upon booting up my system without a disc it would just go to a blank screen, so then I read on this site about using ftp to send dashboard information to my harddrive. I could still run linux from my mech assult game and ftp to my pc that way so thats what I did. Upon restarting my system it took me to error 21 and sometimes error 13 where am I currently. So I read another topic about how to make a backup disc with AID and reinstall MSDash that way.While I was downloading AID to try to install my original MSDash again I was getting bored and decided to play Mechassult on XBL just to see if it was any good or not, without even asking me all the sudden it starts updating my system, now I cant even run linux from mechassult anymore, is there a point in continuing to download AID or should I just give up and try to purchase another Xbox, please help im desperate for knowledge.

2. corn

corn Guest

I don't have much knowledge on modchips, but I heard they can fix most problems.
    What error does it give you when you try to load the Mechassult exploit?

3. wisepwns

wisepwns Member

Ok here is an update to my above post, I was messing around with halo2 and kept trying to recover an account and it finally worked for some reason and while it was loading the account recovery section of MSDash it also installed the original MSDash again, so now I actually have a dashboard and all that but I still cant run linux from the mechassult exploit, and it doesnt give me an error number whenever I try to run the exploit it just says "cannot run "run linux" and I know its because of the xbox live update that it forced upon me atleast I have a dashboard now but I want my Linux Back! If not I want to find a way to ftp it still, and does anyone know if you can delete the updates? thanks for your time

4. corn

corn Guest

Try using a different Exploit, like Splinter Cell.
    I don't think there is a way you can delete updates. And you can't FTP until you get to that Linux screen, or you have an unlocked Xbox.

5. wisepwns

wisepwns Member

I didnt think so either, I can try the 007 exploit tomarrow or the next day cause my cousin has that game, but I think that if you downloaded the update you can run linux anymore, and Ive read a little bit about unlocking your harddrive but dont you have a to have a mod chip to lock it again and could you elaborate a little on how to unlock and any other information you have