1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In Need Of Help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by drewheuss, Jan 18, 2007.

1. drewheuss

drewheuss Member

Ok Ive read all these threads a million times and i'm still having trouble connecting through my crossover wire.
    I have the wire, using flashFXP, but when i try to connect it keeps telling me connection timed out. I dont know what else to do, i tried changing the IP address maybe im doing wrong, any help would be greatly appreciated THANKX!!!!

2. ModdaMIke

ModdaMIke Guest

look at the xbox dashboard, it should have the ip address of your xbox, connect to that address and the password is xbox and the user name is also xbox

3. steimy

steimy Active member

yeah, it is really hard to help without more information.
    Like the settings on your PC (IP address Default Gateway, DSN addresses ect. Same for the Xbox and what you have set up in flash FXP)

There is also the possibility that you need to go into the seetings of your PC connection and enable network sharing.

Also two ways to set it all up, DHCP or Static, if it is static then the Xbox will not have any address showing on your dash, it will have all zero's because you have to manually enter them all.
    If it is DHCP then it should do as stated above and automativcally assign the Xbox an address.

4. drewheuss

drewheuss Member

ok ive a connection now but it takes forever to transfer files, is there specific files i should trnsfer? i go into the d: fies and just tranfer all but it takes a really long time, is this normal?

p.s. the only way i get connected is if i connect at the same time i go into media center on the xbox. literally i have to press media center then connect my ftp right after eachother otherwise it doesnt connect. i dont know if this is correct either thankx

5. drewheuss

drewheuss Member

as far as setiings im using 192.168.01 on pc and 192.168.05 on xbox, its on manual(static) entry. gateway is 192.168.0.1 i have evox on xbox does this also need to be on pc? sorry for the trouble i have been trying to mess with this thing by myself for awhile and im having trouble thankx again for the help.