1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

in need of serious help w/ swap magic 3

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by abueller, Jul 6, 2007.

1. abueller

abueller Member

hello everyone. i just got my swap magic 3 and flip top for my ps2 today in the mail and to say the least i am a bit discouraged. whenever i try to load up my swapmagic 3 disk, i don't get anything. it just directs me to the screen showing my memory card and the disk. no matter how many times i select the disk to load up, i get a few seconds of black on my tv, then i get directed to the exact screen again. i checked the swapmagic site for compatibility with my ps2 and it says that it's compatible, but this thing won't work no matter what i do. does anyone know why this may be or know how i can solve this? cuz i'd really rather not have to buy another ps2 if that's the problem.

2. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

It's either your PS2 or you just got a bad burn. What version is your PS2?

3. abueller

abueller Member

SCPH 30001. i don't know if it makes a difference but i know it was a Gamestop refurbished PS2. i'm pretty sure it is just my system because i tried using it on a second PS2 in the house (a newer one) and it loaded up just fine. the only problem is with the newer one, it's an 8 screw model and i have the flip top for a 10. if i end up getting another ps2 but i can only get an 8 screw one, would i be able to put the flip top on it without screwing anything in? i know that's not quite advised but it's going to be pretty stationary.

4. Nickefer

Nickefer Member

your problem probably is that its a gamestop refurbished...my sister got a refurbished ps2 from gamestop about a year ago and it never could read dvd movies but played games fine then about 3 months ago it just basically died...it doesn't do anything anymore. and i never could get my swap magic to work on hers either.

5. abueller

abueller Member

i just gave in and got a new ps2. i'm still having a problem with my boot cd however, but the boot dvd is fine.. it won't read for anything.

6. Nickefer

Nickefer Member

what version of swap magic do you have? cuz i used to have v3.3 and it sucked at booting but i just recently got v3.6 plus and it works good, no problems.

7. abueller

abueller Member

3.6 i believe

8. Nickefer

Nickefer Member

are you trying to play a ps1 game or cd version ps2?

9. abueller

abueller Member

i've got everything figured out. basically i was trying to do all this crap so i could finally play fire pro r. it's working and has been for a few days now. the only problem i have now is i think i got a bad cd rom driver disk, but my dvd rom driver disk works fine. just kinda sucks cuz if i ever do want to play a backed up/import ps1 game, i won't be able to.