1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

in need of serious help with Xenium....

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by WhitePryd, Jan 8, 2005.

1. osanekun

osanekun Member

ok dude, well at this point its kinda hard to tell if the solderless adaptor is damaged or your Xeniums OS is messed. The only way to tell at this point is try and reload the Xenium OS.
    Pull the Xenium off the solderless adaptor and flick the tiny switch on the chip in the opposite ditection and put it back onto the adapor, and make sure the chip is on in the right direction. Reboot the Xbox, if you get the Xenium recover screen (a pic of the chip) then that means the adaptor is ok and you need to reload the OS. If you still get FRAG'd then either your adaptor is damaged or its still not placed correctly on the LPC or D0 wire. Try that and let me know what happens. Dont give up yet dude, almost there.

2. WhitePryd

WhitePryd Member

Yeah... i got tired of using the solderless adaptor (cuz i got solder in between the spot and i stripped the screw that holds it :( >.<) so i soldered my chip in, with a fine job (i'd say for me, probably best i've ever done lol) but i wanna take pre-cautions before i solder the D0 wire in... any help? thanks

3. seasick

seasick Member

Congratulations WhitePryd. I knew you could do it!!
    With a soldered chip is now easier to reload the OS by using the reset switch. I will keep looking at this thread to see how everything goes.

4. WhitePryd

WhitePryd Member

yeah... but i tried soldering in my D0 point and i did it in the right spot (on the back, all versions have the same D0 spot if u do the back) and i still got the same error as above -.- (boot 3 times frag on the third)

5. WhitePryd

WhitePryd Member

*added on to top reply*^^^^^ and i dont get any video/audio... -.-

6. seasick

seasick Member

Did you try to reload the OS already?
    Without the chip, did your Xbox booted ok?
    Are you positive your MOBO is a version 1.0? Only version 1.5 requires extra work.

7. WhitePryd

WhitePryd Member

I'm positive my MoBo is a 1.0 (cuz i used that test thing and it said its a 1.0 and my LPC holes are filled with solder)

Without the chip the xbox was messed up

aaaaaaand how do i reload the OS?

8. WhitePryd

WhitePryd Member

^^^^^^^^^^(i get code 6 error without the chip, and with the chip i get no audio/sound + blank screen + boot 3 times; they said a modchip could fix a code 6 error and i was planning on getting a modchip anyways so.... yeah)

9. seasick

seasick Member

Hey, I found this interesting tutorial on how to fix error 6. I thing it is time to call for your friend's help and borrow his xbox :()http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/6.htm
    Good luck!!

10. WhitePryd

WhitePryd Member

yeh but my friend's isnt broken >.<... any of my friends will get pissed if i do that lol, any other suggestions? i read somewhere that a modchip would fix it thought

11. seasick

seasick Member

O.K. First thing we should try is to lock your drive by reloading the Xenium OS, open your XBOX again, power off of course, turn the little switch on the xenium board towards the position where there is no silkscreening indicating the normal position of the switch, place the dvd and hard drive into place, don't place the cover on. Power the Xbox, there should be an image of the Xenium on your TV screen saying loading, wait a few moments, after it has loaded, power your Xbox off again and return the switch to the original position. Power on. You should have the Xenium screen, if not, I think we have serious problems with either the chip or the MOBO.

12. seasick

seasick Member

Also. Is your original drive the one you are trying to lock? or the 160GB one.

13. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

When you exchanged motherboards with you friend you also exchanged Harddrives right? When you took your friends 1.0 board you needed to take the Harddrive from your friend also that was with the 1.0. An error 6 means the Motherboard is finding the HDD but can't unlock it. That usually happens when the wrong HDD is with the Motherboard or the Eeprom was reflashed wrong.

14. WhitePryd

WhitePryd Member

awww shiet... dammit.. i DID forget to switch the hard drive.... man... this whole time i thought it was the MoBo or the Chip but it was cuz i didnt switch the hdd... grr... i guess im gonna have to go to the store that he traded it in to, buy it (used, so i have 7 days to return it), then switch the hard drive and return it again taht way both the xbox's work... grr.... wasted my solderless adapter on this?!?! lol Thanks

15. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

Alright we solved the HDD problem now for the Chip. Even without the HDD the chip should still boot into the Xenium OS. With a 3 times FRAG you could and probably do have a broken trace on the motherboard at the LPC where you originally had the Solderless adapter. If the adapter gets moved or was moved around alot it can scratch and break a trace at the LPC. Do you have a magnifying glass that you can look and see if there is a broken trace? You are going to have to remove the plastic piece that holds the pins of the Pin Header. Just use a small set of pliers and pull up on it and it should just slide up and off the pins. The pins will stay there because you have them soldered in spot just be careful not to bend them. Check the traces in between the pins on top and check the traces on the bottom of the board.

16. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

I forgot to mention that you don't need to worry about the HDD. You can buy an unlocked original HDD off Ebay and when you get the Chip working you can just lock that HDD to the Motherboard. Make sure when you or if you buy a HDD that it is UNLOCKED. In order to format and install the M$ dash files on your 160GB HDD with the Xenium you will need a good original HDD. Unless you use an Auto-Installer like Slayers or Auto-Installer Deluxe then they alone can format and install the dash files from the disc.

17. WhitePryd

WhitePryd Member

"You are going to have to remove the plastic piece that holds the pins of the Pin Header. Just use a small set of pliers and pull up on it and it should just slide up and off the pins. The pins will stay there because you have them soldered in spot just be careful not to bend them. Check the traces in between the pins on top and check the traces on the bottom of the board"

eh... im a little confused.. lol, btw, i burned slayer's onto a DVD-R like a week ago, when i got the chip lol...

18. Squiggles

Squiggles Member

O.K. You can just use Slayers to format the new HDD and then lock it to the motherboard once you get the Chip up and going. You soldered in a Pin Header right? The Pin Header was a black piece of plastic with 12 pins going through it right? The pins were sticking out more on one side of it then the other. That black piece of plastic is what you have to pull up off the pins to look underneath it and see if there are any broken traces.

19. WhitePryd

WhitePryd Member

Nah, i did the quicksolder method and jus soldered the chip straight to the MoBo, and i did it like, perfect my friend says.... yeah.. i think i jus needa switch HDD's, thanks a WHOLE LOT TO EVERYONE WHO HAS HELPED ME... i will post up the results tommorow and see if it works :).. btw, do i have to do in this order:

1. Switch the HDD's

2. turn on xbox

3. Put slayer's disc inside
    ??????????????????????????????????????? Thanks :)

20. WhitePryd

WhitePryd Member

?????? ^^^^^