1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

in need of serious help!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by drumkid21, Dec 19, 2004.

1. drumkid21

drumkid21 Regular member

hi guys, i have been burning ps2 backups using the same media for a while now (burned about 30) and now all of the sudden i get an "I/O Error" when trying to initialize burning and it also says "Power Calibration Error". i've looked at other threads to find a solution to this and most say that it's probably caused by cheap media, but since i've been using these for a long time that seems unlikely. does anyone know if this can be caused by a software update, or if my burner is just shot?? any suggestions will help! thanks!

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

well, what media is it?

3. drumkid21

drumkid21 Regular member

matrix dvd+r, my friend uses these also with no problems

4. Thweet

Thweet Member

Hey Drum, im at the same level u r with burning. Tried quite a bit of media and just wen u think u found a good brand it screws up. Me and my flatmate bought 50 dvd-rs off a website. Melodys. i got 25 1x ones and he got 25 4x ones. Anyways the first 10 or so worked fine but then "Power calibration error" my flatmate went nuts cause he thought i had broken his dvd writer, so he let it lay dormant for 2 months saving for a new one. untill he tried another dvd-r media and it worked. Soon after we looked at the dvd-rs closely and saw that some of the ones that we bought had disc rot. and most didnt but still didnt work. Basically its the media, not the calibration of ur writer, TRUST ME

5. drumkid21

drumkid21 Regular member

whew! thank you so much!! i was getting really nervous that i would have to send my computer in to the manufacturer or just buy a new burner! i'll check out some better media, and again, thanks for letting me know and i'm glad everything worked out for you!