1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

in need of someone who knows all about modding

Discussion in 'PS2' started by pcshateme, Mar 2, 2004.

1. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

i want to mod my ps2 (SCPH-39001) and want to play ps2 and ps1 backups on DVD+R(my ps2 plays DVD+R movies) and CD-R- i just want the least evasive method to mod it. i dont want to mess with the wiring or anything- anyone who knows what they are talking about please help

2. billz

billz Active member

easy ways without soldering is the following: no-solder chip,slide card, fliptop all use swap magic or you can send it away to have it modded which will run about $100-150 with chip.these are your best options

3. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

4. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

why pay $12 for something you can make yourself? you can buy the swap discs for about $20 and the slide card is so easy to make. in fact, i think Oner has a template for it on his PS2 backup guide, if not, i have it. I used his template and modified it a bit and it works perfectly. (i have a fliptop, the slidecard was just to see how easy it was to make my own).

5. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

who's Oner?

and i tryied gently prying it open with a pocket knife (GENTLY) and i could not get it to open more than an inch or so and then it gets stuck

how do i make one

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]check out my site http://www.backupguides.vze.com for free software and illustrated guides on copying DVDs to DVD, to CD, and other copying stuff.[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2004
  6. Velesco

Velesco Member

I bought my no solder mod from modchipstore.com. also recommended it to a friend and we both got a great product at a good price. It came fairly quick too.

7. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

okay thanx ill get it from them.

8. billz

billz Active member

9. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

cost more

voids warentee

gonna buy slide card

10. billz

billz Active member

voids warranty,I hate having this agrument with people, Have you had ps2 for more than 3 months? guess what it's gone anyways! See below. Im telling you fliptop or no-solder are much better but to each his own.

LIMITED WARRANTY FOR THE PLAYSTATION GAME CONSOLE

Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) warrants to the original purchaser that this product (hardware, game discs and accessories) shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of purchase (the "Warranty Period"). If this product is determined to be defective during the Warranty Period, SCEA agrees to either repair or replace, at its option, the SCEA product. You must call 1-800-345-SONY to receive instructions to obtain repair/replacement services.

THIS WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY IF THIS PRODUCT: (a) IS USED WITH PRODUCTS NOT SOLD OR LICENSED BY SCEA (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NON-LICENSED GAME ENHANCEMENT DEVICES, ADAPTERS AND POWER SUPPLY SERVICES); (b) IS USED FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING RENTAL) OR IS MODIFIED OR TAMPERED WITH; (c) IS DAMAGED BY ACTS OF GOD, MISUSE, ABUSE, NEGLIGENCE, ACCIDENT, WEAR AND TEAR, UNREASONABLE USE, OR BY OTHER CAUSES UNRELATED TO DEFECTIVE MATERIALS OR WORKMANSHIP; OR, (d) HAS HAD THE SERIAL NUMBER ALTERED, DEFACED OR REMOVED. THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER PRODUCTS SOLD AS IS OR WITH ALL FAULTS, OR CONSUMABLES (SUCH AS FUSES OR BATTERIES).

PROOF OF PURCHASE IN THE FORM OF A BILL OF SALE OR RECEIPTED INVOICE WHICH IS EVIDENCE THAT THE UNIT IS WITHIN THE WARRANTY PERIOD MUST BE PRESENTED TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE.

REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER. ANY APPLICABLE IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL SCEA BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY ON THIS PRODUCT. SOME STATES OR PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATION ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS AND SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATIONS OF CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state or from province to province. This warranty is valid only in the United States and Canada.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2004
  11. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

OKAY!!!!

BUT ITS CHEAPER!!!!

12. billz

billz Active member

I know, but it cheaper to buy a crappy car,yes(it gets you from point a to b) but it better to spend a little bit more money and have something more reliable. Fliptop and no-solder save you LOTS of time. It's well wroth the extra money when you can trust other to use your mod.You won't want nobody else touching your slide card, believe me, I mean once you get thru the fustration of mastering it you'll wish you picked up a fliptop or no-solder it so much easier.please consider the other choose but like i said to each his own

13. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

alright- ill consider it

14. billz

billz Active member

that's good to hear, i just hate to see you on the board next month saying your tray is jammed or other problems.

15. viper8437

viper8437 Regular member

not sure what version u have, not 2 sure of serial numbers, but if u want a fliptop and have version 4 or abve go 2 ps2fliptop.com, got mine there for only $35 with swap magic discs and works perfectly, great compnay 2 order from....if u have v1-v3 its 43...not that much of a difference since u were considerin payin 32 for a slide card and swap discs

16. billz

billz Active member

if you really want to get cheap...just get the swap magic disk and take screws out of the bottom of the ps2 and take screws out of top of cd tray top and just tilt the top forward swap from the top and tilt it back.that's what my brother did when is disk tray wouldn't open.

17. billz

billz Active member

viper8437...lol check my link in middle of the page

18. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

yeah i'd go with the fliptop. i could see where that slide card would be annoying after a while.
    the warranty arguement again shows its ugly face. Most of the people here are quite able to do anything the PS2 repair people can do, and in alot of cases I'm sure much more. I'm wouldn't know but i assume you get stuck with the shipping charges. I say screw that warranty, we do it ourselves. Most likely gonna mod the thing anyway.

19. viper8437

viper8437 Regular member

haha....yea saw that after

20. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

it looks pretty cool- so you say i can get the cover AND the swap discs for $35?- cool- one question left to be answered- can the swap magic load up DVD+R (i have a +RW burner and my ps2 playes DVD+R movies, so will the swap disc load up +R backups?