1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In search for firmware for Vaio

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Nututhis, May 22, 2004.

1. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

I have a Sony Vaio notebook that came with a internal Pioneer DVD +- RW. Im in search for some firmware that can speed up my ripping process. I normally rip with shrink which takes about 30 min & Nero 6 2 burn which takes another 30-45 min. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Nututhis, You will need to know what model your Pioneer drive is. Download DVDinfopro(free) which will give you this info if you don't have it. Then go to the second link I list for the hacked firmware. Hope this helps.
    http://www.dvdinfopro.com
    http://www.rpc1.com
    Good luck.

Jerry

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

BTW, 30 min to rip is not that bad. 30-45 minutes to burn suggests you are burning at 2x instead of 4x (which your burner should be capable of).

4. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

I know my burner is made by Pioneer. I also know when I burn cd's it burnes @ 16x. When I burn dvds it burns @ 2x. What do I need to do to burn dvds @ 4x??

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

it depends on which pioneer you have. Open nero infotool and tell me which number is after DVR-###

6. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

If you mean the firmware version it is 1.10. Read 24x Write 16x

7. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

What we are trying to find out is what model number your Pioneer burner drive is. Usually something like DVR-106D. You need that number to get the right firmware.
    If you download DVDinfopro which is free, it will tell you this information plus firmware version. It will also give you information on blank media if you need it.

Jerry

8. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

Sorry for making myself sound dense. I already have that DVD info tool. The model of the drive is DVR K12D . I already went to their site & it says it doesnt have any firmware @ this time. is that my only option??

9. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi again, I checked several sites for firmware. Your version 1.10 is as good as it gets at this time. Sounds like RPC1 may be working on a new version the way they stated not at this time. Keep checking back with them .

Jerry