1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In some Need

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by vato_loco, Dec 31, 2004.

1. vato_loco

vato_loco Regular member

HEY ALL!

Im new to the O'c world.. and i want to know what i could do to this sys.

P4 1.4
    768 of ram
    256 nVIDIA FX 5700LE
    120gig

the case is open

I want to know if any1 has been able to overclock the P4 1.4 and what is its MAX.. I have changed the voltage and got like a 5-7% overclock using EVEREST H.E, but i think thats not good enough,,, I have no extra FANS or HEATSINKS all stock.. can Some1 Please Help me out

2. Divinus

Divinus Guest

I would recommend making sure your board has an agp/pci lock. Then, if your board doesn't automatically reset the cmos with the settings incorrect or too high to boot, then get real friendly with your cmos reset jumper.

I'd up the FSB very slowly until you can boot into windows but notice things crashing, etc... I'd then up the vcore a bit and see how far you can get. Once you up the vcore watch your temperatures, though. Also, I'm not sure what speed that ram is but remember that Intel quad pumps and AMD double pumps. So your 800MHz ram is really 200MHz.

I'm not very familiar with Intel rigs (never built one) but I'm fairly sure that multiplier isn't unlocked. You'll probably be stuck somewhere around 12 - 13. Not sure with Intel.

Just make sure you up the vcore and watch your temperatures. With stock cooling I'd really be watching them and try and keep your case as cool as possible.

I'd also head over to www.ocforums.com seeing as they have tons of people who could probably lead you in the right direction of no one here could.