1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inability to Install DVD CopyX Platinum

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by davidt39, Aug 29, 2004.

1. davidt39

davidt39 Member

I just bought a new PC. I tried to install DVD CopyX Platinum on it and failed because, even though I had the License ID and Password that I received when I bought the program, I of course could not get an activation password from 321. Is there any where around this? Any generic passwords?

Thanks,

Dave

2. wensteph

wensteph Member

I'd do a search on the forum for this question, I know its been up many times since 321 went down.

I was in a similar situation with other 321 products and gave up on it. There is plenty of info here on some wonderful products, some free and the rest for less money than 321 was charging us for their products.

I'm currently having great results with Shrink, Decrypter, Rebuilder/CCE. I'd include the Intervideo product in my list, but I posted a question today on a problem that came up. Jury is out on that one.

3. ispy

ispy Regular member

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Yes ... future XCopy questions should be posted here:
    http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com

Well you don't get a password ... you get an activation code. Also did you disable any and all firewalls when trying to activate?

5. davidt39

davidt39 Member

Thanks for the address. I was able to activate by clicking on Web Activitation link after all. You were right. It even said that I had 75 activations remaining. Support does still exist even though it is limited.

Dave

6. Tom1222

Tom1222 Guest

Hi Flip218,

That link that you posted doesn't seem to be valid.
    I would like to find out if there still is a way to download the latest valid version for X-Copy Platinum.
    I am currently using version 3.21 which works but it a tad on the slow side. I just upgraded to a faster DVD Burner (Sony 540A) and didn't see much if any speed improvement over the old 4X burner (Sony 510A) I used before. Not sure if a newer version would help in this case but I would like to give it a try if at all possible. I do have a registered License ID and Password I just need the newer program.

Thanks again for any help or advice you can give me.

Tom in Indy

7. Tom1222

Tom1222 Guest

Flip 218,

I tried the link again and it worked this time.
    I will try and post my request for a new verison on
    that site as well.

Thank you for your help!

Tom

8. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

9. Tom1222

Tom1222 Guest

Thanks Flip218 for your help! I was able to download the new version 4.038 and then I got the CSS error since the ripper didn't come with that version but I kept on reading the formums and found the 321rip utility and installed it. I didn't do a test run yet but it should be okay. I don't really see a difference between 3.21 and the 4.038 versions.
    As long as it keeps doing it's job I am a happy camper ;)

You are right. Faster isn't always better. I tried a Lite One 12X burner which read a DVD in about 16 Minutes but when it came to the writting part it burned more coasters then good copies. So I switched to the Sony. It reads a full DVD in about 23 minutes and burns it in about 20 minutes but I never had a coaster yet regardless of media on the Sony.

Thanks again for your help.

Tom

10. ispy

ispy Regular member

davidt39,
    Glad you got it sorted,many people dont look in the bottom right hand corner to log in.
    ispy