1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inability to Scan in New Eurovox 2008 - Can't Find Answer in Fora So Far

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by ire1eng0, Jan 22, 2008.

1. ire1eng0

ire1eng0 Guest

Hi,

It's quite probable that someone far more adept at searching fora than me can quickly point me in the right direction but here goes.

Just bought a Eurovox Max V 2008. I have followed all the instructions - which are simply wire it up, and do a powerscan - but nothing is coming in. I am left with nothing and a quality of "8%". I have checked around on the 8% issue, and some threads seem to say this is a recognised problem, but those posters seemed to raise it in a slightly different context, so I was no sure what to do.

I have the cable into the RF and scart connection to TV. The cable in IS coming from a signal booster which I use to split the cable into two rooms right from the source box. I couldn't find out whether this was the problem or not, but find it hard to see how it is?

Anyone more knowledgeable than me to help? It hurts to be beaten by a machine.

2. karljd

karljd Regular member

try it without splitting the signal,by the way where are you living,are you sure your true digital and not mmds as it wont work on chorus mmds

3. ire1eng0

ire1eng0 Guest

Hi,

Thanks. Tried without splitter. In Dubln 7 here. Grandad as the Starview box working up the road (about 15 minutes walk). I do seem to have certain frequencies "tuned" in but I can do nothing with them.

Plug and play my arse.

4. karljd

karljd Regular member

Then unless im not mistaken you must have the 8% problem you'll have to get in touch with your seller as all the sellers are aware of the problem and they should sort you out.

5. ire1eng0

ire1eng0 Guest

Maybe I'm just not "getting this". I assumed what would happen was that many, many channels would be displayed once the power search was completed an then I could open the "channel" section in the main menu and organise them.

Am I wrong then in thinking the detection of frequencies is equivalent to detecting channels? Are the "channels" (i.e. bbc, rte etc) contained in those (relatively low in number frequencies) as sub-sets?

Ugh...

6. ire1eng0

ire1eng0 Guest

I thought it may be that (just from the forums). Is there a link that explains the 8% problem?

This may help - I took a pic of the screen...when i go down to channel 8 - its about 73%. Honestly, in over head here...I don't understand the concepts behind it all.[​IMG]

7. karljd

karljd Regular member

Well there is 1 way to find out,get a lend of your granda's starview and see what happens, and no the freq has to be about 84% for all channels

8. ire1eng0

ire1eng0 Guest

So you reckon that screen would suggest its a problem with my incoming signal? Not sure what I can do about that...oh well

9. karljd

karljd Regular member

have you tryed without the splitter?as i suggested try the starview and if that works come back and the main men&women will be around later and i'm sure they'll have a solution

10. ire1eng0

ire1eng0 Guest

Oh yes, its per the pic without the splitter. Re borrowing the Starview...my family is a bit odd. We have boundary issues, so I don't think that's an option.

11. karljd

karljd Regular member

it must be a cable problem if your getting 70% check again and see if any of your cables are frayed and make sure your scart is secure,any way sorry icant be of help have to go.

12. ire1eng0

ire1eng0 Guest

Think I'm finished with it and will try and return. Zero signal in and guy on tech-support at supplier was baffled.

13. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

You could try this but if the b0x has the 8% problem you have no option but return to the supplier

OK you need to go to menu, config, clear data and then clear channel data. Then do a normal powerscan from 290.000 to 403.000 using symbol rate 6887 N*L

If you want to try manual scan the freq's below

To add these go to menu,installation,user installation and use the on button guide to add frequencies ( Green / Channel Edit , Red / Add Freq ). Info button will name them as you like .

For any frequency that you want to manually scan you select it in your list first by pressing OK when it is highlighted, ( a tick will appear beside the one you select), then you press the blue button to manually scan that frequency.

291.000 Mhz 6.887 Maud QAM64
    299.000 Mhz 6.887 Maud QAM64
    307.000 Mhz 6.887 Maud QAM64
    315.000 Mhz 6.887 Maud QAM64
    323.000 Mhz 6.887 Maud QAM64
    339.500 Mhz 6.887 Maud QAM64
    347.500 Mhz 6.887 Maud QAM64
    355.500 Mhz 6.887 Maud QAM64
    363.500 Mhz 6.887 Maud QAM64
    371.500 Mhz 6.887 Maud QAM64
    379.500 Mhz 6.887 Maud QAM64
    394.000 Mhz 6.887 Maud QAM64
    402.000 Mhz 6.887 Maud QAM64

14. ire1eng0

ire1eng0 Guest

Thanks, but I served my time on this. Now maybe I was silly on it. I specifically asked the shop (cableboxshop) whether all I needed was a normal NTL input signal (i.e. the basic non digital package)

"Ah yeah, thats all you need"

"So I don't need to be an EXISTING digital subscriber? Like this box doesn't have to replace an existing NTL digi box"

"No no no...."

So when it doesn't work I'm told

"Ah they only work when you are a digital subscriber - this replaces the existing box"

Done with it. Just subscribed to a package anyway. Better than that shite I had to deal with.

15. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

You dont have the 8% problem what you do have is a cable problem and you are missing a couple of transponders.

16. scouse18

scouse18 Member

check u havent got the cable input plugged into the Ariel socket