1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incompatible Medium Installed??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ProbeGT, Mar 10, 2005.

1. ProbeGT

ProbeGT Member

At the bottom of DVD Decrypter it says its not ready to burn the DVD b/c of incompatible medium installed. Does this mean my new laptop can't burn DVD's? I thought it could b/c the software on the desktop says it can burn DVD's. Any ideas?

ßill

2. bassnut

bassnut Regular member

your gonna have to sit down and see what is in your laptop. CD-RW drive.... DVD-Rom Drive .... DVD-RW or DVD+RW or DVD-/+RW Drive. It makes a big difference. If you have Nero on your computer use the Nero Tool Info to help sort it out.

[​IMG]

as you see in this pic I can use DVD-/+RW and DVD-/+RW Dual Layer disks.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  3. ProbeGT

ProbeGT Member

where would I find this info?? But at first glance it looks like it is a CD-R/W DVD ROM drive.....I'm not a happy camper. This was suppose to be able to burn DVD's

4. ProbeGT

ProbeGT Member

ok...this is exactly what it says. CDRW/DVD which I assume means no DVD buring for me

ßill

5. bassnut

bassnut Regular member

Sorry yopu beat me to the punch .... Nero Can help you figure it out. If you don't have nero there is a free trial version that you can get as well as other tools out there that can help you. PC Wizard is one that comes to mind as well as dvd Info can tell you as well.

6. bassnut

bassnut Regular member

what you have is a cdrw / dvd Rom combo drive. If you want to back up your movies you will have to put them on cd's.

7. ProbeGT

ProbeGT Member

putting them on CDs means that they cannot be viewed on a DVD player though right??

8. bassnut

bassnut Regular member

no .... you need to make a VCD and you can watch them on your dvd player. The quality is not as good but not to bad. NeroVision Express will do it for you once you rip it from your dvd and there is allot of other programs to use as well. If your laptop has USB2 you could try an external DVD burner but I have no expeirience with them.