1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incomplete backup?

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by almo, Apr 20, 2004.

1. almo

almo Member

Trying to backup "Bridge on the river Kwai". DVD Decrypter produces the following files.

VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.VOB
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_0.VOB
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB
    VTS_02_0.BUP
    VTS_02_0.IFO
    VTS_02_0.VOB
    VTS_02_1.VOB
    VTS_02_2.VOB
    VTS_02_3.VOB
    VTS_02_4.VOB
    VTS_03_0.BUP
    VTS_03_0.IFO
    VTS_03_0.VOB
    VTS_03_1.VOB

DVD2One (Movie only mode) just produces the following files, which total 2.6Gb:

VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB

Resulting backup plays fine but is only half of film. Original seems to contain two sets of chapters 001/019 and 001/022 - backup stops at same point as end of chapter 19 in first set.
    Any idea's what I'm doing wrong anyone?
    Complete newbie here so any help would be appreciated.

2. brian100

brian100 Guest

This movie is "split" on the disc in 2 sections (very rare - god knows why they did it) Dvd2one is interpreting each section as a seperate title. When you are doing a "movie only" backup DVD2one prompts you to select the desired title, unfortunately you cant pick 2 !!.

If you select "full movie" in DVD2one it will solve your problem. I also got caught out backing up this DVD !!!. You obviously prefer the "movie only" option, to maximise output quality. My original DVD, of Kwai, has negligible "extras" present so don't worry about retaining menus in this case.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Why are The Samaritans always engaged?[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2004
  3. almo

almo Member

Thanks for taking the time to help.
    The "Full Movie" option was to have been the next thing I tried...just needed someone to confirm that I was doing the right thing.
    After using DVDDecrypter, then DVD2One, the only problem was that Kwai was still too big for disk.Ran it through DVD2One again, which seemed to sort the prob.Now have working backup of Kwai...thanks again.