1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

incomplete video output

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by donald715, Feb 13, 2007.

1. donald715

donald715 Member

Hey, first time posting
    I have just downloaded a movie, 91 minutes long
    using Super DVD creator to convert and burn it to DVD
    the whole process seems to go fine except the video that is now on the DVD disc is only about 25 minutes long and cuts off partway through, and only 2.8Gb used in the disc

what am I doing wrong?

the video is in .AVI format
    the video plays perfectly in .avi format in windows media player, winamp ETC

2. AdRock925

AdRock925 Regular member

You may try using different media (DVD brand) Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim are best. Burn at a slower speed.

Also try a different DVD burning program I've never personally used Super DVD Creator so I'm not sure how good it is. It is always best to use a full function DVD authoring software like DVDlabpro.

3. donald715

donald715 Member

I dont think it has anything to do with the DVD media brand
    Even if I output it to a folder on my hard drive as a .vob file its the same problem

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

I can't explain but this has happened a couple of times to me using ConvertXtoDVD and Verbatim media burned at 4x. My solution was to reextract the video (if that's the case) and convert again but check the output before I burned it.

5. softimage

softimage Member

1. you need to check if you are using the trial version of super dvd creator.
    2. check the start point and the end point ,because super dvd creator has the option to cut & rip the video file to DVD.
    3. check your source avi file .