1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inconsistant Audio loss?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by aut0psy, Aug 23, 2004.

1. aut0psy

aut0psy Regular member

Hey

Hopefully someone can clarify the cause of this problem.

It seems I copied my Nickelback DVD using DVDShrink and Nero and when I play it on my Panasonic RP62 DVD Player everything plays perfectly normal except I get some audio loss in parts yet if I rewind and let it play again the audio loss will be in a different part in which I just had audio, very inconsistant.

I then bring the SAME DVD upstairs on my Sony DVD player to not have it lose audio a single time, played through 3 songs without any audio loss at all.

What would cause this besides obviously the panasonic not liking the media maybe? or could burning TOO fast cause this?

I burned at 4x as thats the ONLY speed Nero would allow me, can I change this to 2.4x or something?

Also the media used was Kodak DVD-R however I copied the same ISO onto a HP DVD+RW and it had audio loss the same on the Panasonic in different spots, so I cant see how it can be the media itself?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

What makes you think Kodak and HP are good media? Why don't you try some good media ... like Verbatim or Ritek's? And if you still have problem with your panasonic player, then it's compatibility issues. You did say it plays find on your sony player.

3. aut0psy

aut0psy Regular member

I just figure if its the media I would have issues in both players as opposed to a single one.

I will be ordering some Ritek's next I think, I just bought this 100 DVD-R spindle on sale this weekend so I will use it up first! :)

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

5. aut0psy

aut0psy Regular member

Looks like I may pick up a spindle of Ritek G04 this week and try and return the spindle of Kodak to Futureshop for my money back. See what happens!