1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incorrect Function error on DVDShrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Steve7481, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Steve7481

Steve7481 Member

I'm trying to backup Super Troopers and 2 times now I've come up with an error message:

DVDShrink encountered and error and cannot continue. Failed to read file "F:\" Inc
    Incorrect Function

First it was at like 63% and then it was at 78%. Oh and it's during the encoding process.

2. onya

onya Guest

Are you using shrink only? Shrink is no longer updated and so cannot handle some of the latest encryptions by it's self.

What speed are you burning at?

What brand of media are you using?

What other software do you have for your backups?

3. Steve7481

Steve7481 Member

I've use and been using DVD Shrink + Nero for years. Never had a single problem. The movie I'm actually backing up is an older movie. A few years old. Also I've been using Sony discs. Again the same ones I've been using for as long as I can remember. I'm not sure what I have my burn speed set at. The problem didn't occur during the burn though. The day before I was able to easily backup a movie, albeit it took close to an hour whereas before I reformatted last week it only took half that.

4. onya

onya Guest

Try using DVD FAB Decrypter which is also free and updated. Check that burn speed and keep it at 4X or 8X max. You can get Fab HERE. See how you go with that and post back.

5. Steve7481

Steve7481 Member

I'll give it a shot. Does it do the compression like Shrink?

6. onya

onya Guest

Not the free version, you still need shrink to recode the files Fab has ripped. Here's a link that I reckon will help you out heaps. It has all the software you need, along with guides on how to use them. There are freeware set ups and shareware setups. there's almost nothin' they can't handle. Get them HERE.

Happy burning Steve.

7. Steve7481

Steve7481 Member

I think it might be the DVD. I was able to easily burn another movie using my usual method. I haven't gotten around to trying anything else. Been too busy. But I thought I'd throw that out there that I was able to get another movie working.

8. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

Steve7481
    if you have nero do a scan disc and check for errors.