1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

increase speed

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by mimans21, Nov 11, 2004.

1. mimans21

mimans21 Member

ok i'm using azureus 2.2. I have forewarded my ports and the configurtion wizards says it OK. But i still get slow downloads. I have an sbc DSL connections. It should be faster, help me. I here people getting 100 -200 kb/s and i get 4. What do i do.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2004
  2. mimans21

mimans21 Member

help me
    i have read the thread but the info doesn't help me

3. mimans21

mimans21 Member

come on help me i have tried everything on the second thread. Here is everything i did.
    I changed my router settings so it forwarded the ports 6881-6889 both TCP UDP.
    I turned off my firewall Zonealarm
    I have sbc DSl with a Speedstream 5100 modem, i think this is my problem but when i went to portforward.com, it said to type in0 the default ip add on the screen and this says it ccan't be found. How do i change my port settings on the modem. I want to download at 200 mbsec, i get 7. I tried using bit comment, azureus, g3torrent. Help me [edit by mod: how rude to demand ...'help me' ... no fekkin please/thanks or nowt - LMFAO]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2004
  4. daddyo

daddyo Member

How fast are you uploadin this was my main problem i was uploadin far to fast thus makin my download speed down to near zero, i simply changed my upload speed in azureus tools/options/transfers then changed the settings to max upload of 12kb/s after around 40 minutes my downloads were higher then ever before and have been since

Good luck

5. mimans21

mimans21 Member

my upload speed is just as low as my download. It's around 6kbs.

[edit by mod: lose the stupidly HUGE gif in your sig please]

6. daddyo

daddyo Member

Make sure your upload speed isnt set to under 12kbs or it will only let you download at the same speed

7. mimans21

mimans21 Member

ok i did that it still didn't help my speed

8. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

1. get rid of that damn sig - tooo big

2. what is your advertised connection speed?

9. mimans21

mimans21 Member

it's 1.5 mbs down i have sbc yahoo DSL. And i will get rid of sig

10. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

size wise? much better - lol

ok, so it should be going muchhhh faster then that

where are the torrents from?

11. mimans21

mimans21 Member

they are from Suprnova.com

12. oni103

oni103 Member

well i too started to notice torrents at suprnova are going pretty slow, but it made sense after awhile. Not all but must people there are leeches or capping there up speed(sort of what daddyo said) to get a higher d/l speed.

Need speed for your torrents? Sign up with a ratio based torrent site(torrentbits,uk-torrents,elitetorrents to name a few), you'll get blazing speeds your connection can barely handle no joke!

Only catch, well it isn't really catch cept to newbies of p2p world, is that you have to up to same amount you d/l(what people at suprnova should be doing in the 1st place).

13. mimans21

mimans21 Member

that still doesn't help me i get 20 kb/s d/l. i wen to ellitorrent and uktorrents. Why can't i get 100 to 200 kb/s

14. oni103

oni103 Member

then probably got a nat problem, make sure not using default bittorrent ports most of them are blacklisted on trackers

15. mimans21

mimans21 Member

what does that mean?? What do i do??

16. oni103

oni103 Member

It means check router(assuming you have 1) if your ports match the same as the ones in your BT client(also you SHOULD NOT be using the default 6881-6888 ports pick different ones). It means check your firewall see if it's might blocking your ports. It means check if isp has a transparent(I've heard that had a lot problems with them). In all what it means you most likely have NAT problem with router cause if you went to those sites I said and your not going fast(I get avg 250kbs daily) then something is wrong on your end.

17. Chex21

Chex21 Guest

yea, just goto sites such as uk-torrents and sign up. Then search the file you want and d/l it. No need to reconfigure your settings (other than switch the ports to some ridiculous number, ie 50000). I didn't do anything to my router or forwarded my ports, just let all of that alone. Im also on a wireless network and these are my results:

http://www.picjar.com/pub/chexmix/Bittorent/340dl.JPG/?size=R
    All I did was set my ports to a different number like 50000.

Also, you need to make sure you have alot of peers for the file you want. If there are like no more then you will not be able to download that fast. Check out how many peers I have in that picture (its like 98 peers). Its like this:

More Seeds = Higher download speed

Not alot of Seeds = under 50 kb/s

There is nothing you can do if you don't have alot of peers other than to try to find the same file with more peers.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2004
  18. mimans21

mimans21 Member

Ok i did that and i did the test on the port and it passed. I still get 30kb/s nowhere near 100. How do you get so many peers connected at one time. I always get 40 and the rest like 200 are in the swarm. My seeds i only get 3 and rest 50 are in swarm. That may be problem.

19. oni103

oni103 Member

no that's pretty normal to have very little seeds and lot of peers when you 1st start. Patience is a virtue dude give it time, soon the peers will turn into seeds and the speed will come.

20. chvyordth

chvyordth Member

I used to have that same problem. I was on a cable connection and my download speed was usually 12kb up/down. It was horrible. My problem was my router. So I changed my ports and set up the port forwarding on my router and I was good to go =D