1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indexing an Audio CD before the beginning...

Discussion in 'Audio' started by ahfskd, Dec 26, 2002.

1. ahfskd

ahfskd Member

Hello.

This may seem like a strange question, or it may have been covered before (in which case I apologise), but I know that it is possible to insert a track onto a CD and have material on that track that can only be played by scanning backwards past the 0:00 time mark. An example of this is the first track on Songs for the Deaf by QOTSA. Could someone please tell me how I can create this effect on a CD?

Thanks in advance!

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

This is a very nice question. A question so nice I am not able to answer it.
    May I suggest you to grab that CD, rip it (full image) with, for instance, Exact Audio Copy, and examine the .CUE file you create together with the image?

The info you look for should be contained in that file. Should something difficult appear on that file, post it here. We all will look at it and will try to answer you.

3. Pio2001

Pio2001 Moderator Staff Member

Nothing difficult should appear, just track 1 index 0 at 00:00:00, and index 1 very far. 08:00:00, for example. Index 1 marks the CD beginning.