1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indian DVDs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by prasmesur, Apr 20, 2005.

1. prasmesur

prasmesur Member

Has anyone copied Indian DVDs? Are they copyright protected? What size are the movies? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. jumpman23

jumpman23 Member

Yea ive copied them before they are usually not copy protected,if they are just use DVD shrink with DVD43 or AnyDVD running in the background to break the encryption, the movies are a bit longer than English movies so you will need to use 2 discs unless it is an unusually short Indian movie, remember one disc can hold 2 hours but wth special features and the long movie , once again 2 discs are needed, hope this helped.

The Jman (yea im Indian)

3. prasmesur

prasmesur Member

Thank you very much for the immediate response. I am basically new to all this. Could you please fill me in on the procedure to copy into 2 DVDs. Do we split the chapters? Please help. Thanks in advance.

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

prasmesur,
    Welcome to the forum and the guide you need is below in the link. It really is easy to do and this guides has pictures which makes it real easy. You might want to print it out. Thsi guide was done by one of the fine members here on the forum. If this works for you you might want to send him a thank you note

Go here:

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/1for1_using_shrink.html

5. jumpman23

jumpman23 Member

Yea i sgree with car.mike just use the guide, thats what i used when i first started if u have any other wuestions feel free to ask.

Jman

6. Sir-Age

Sir-Age Regular member

I copied Kubhi Kushi Kubhi Ghum (hope I spelled it right!) think it came to 65%-70% (movie only), but that was months ago, good quality and great film!

7. prasmesur

prasmesur Member

So I started copying this new movie BLACK and to get the best quality I had to copy the no compression method which resulted in putting the movie onto 2 DVDs. I followed Mayo's step by step procedure using DVD shrink and sliced the original movie at the right spot. Both the DVDs play well. Now, Is there a way to get the menu on both the DVDs and make it work? Is there a way I could interact with the menu while playing the 2nd DVD? I might be asking for too much, but hey you guys have been so great in helping me out. I ask for a penny and I get a dollar from you. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again for all your help.

8. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

9. prasmesur

prasmesur Member

Sir-Age,

Hello. While copying Kabhi Kushi Kabhi Gham, what was the compression set to, do you remember? Yesterday, I tried copying BLACK with no compression and it went beyond One blank disk capacity. I was skeptical to decrease the compression wondering if it would reduce the quality of the picture.