1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inexpensive PRV with NO monthly fee out there?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by LCFB50, Jul 17, 2004.

1. LCFB50

LCFB50 Member

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a PRV out there with no monthly fee? I am intrested in recording movies I watch on digital cable.

Thanks, Kyle

2. vans12

vans12 Regular member

well it is not free but you can get a box from charter if you have charter for $9.95

3. ballz7

ballz7 Guest

4. HunterDan

HunterDan Member

I use a hauppauge 350 in my computer, comes with wintv which is a free guide, just highlight a show and it will record it to your HD,then output it to your tv or burn to disk, no cpu load has own encrypt and decrypt chips so you can use your computer,anyway check out their site,for more.

5. 72morgan

72morgan Regular member

The Pioneer DVR-810H is not cheap to buy, but it has an 80 Gb Hard drive, plays DVD`s and also burns movies / programs that are copied to the Hard drive to a blank DVD disc and it also comes with TIVO basic , which has no monthly fee.

6. theehman

theehman Member

I bought the Toshiba SDH400 from http://www.refurbelectronics.com for $174.99. It includes free TIVO basic service but you can upgrade the service if you want. It also plays DVD. My family enjoys it so much that we basically don't use the VCR at all anymore.