1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity does not load every time I start the PSTWO

Discussion in 'PS2' started by rodydaly, Apr 13, 2005.

1. rodydaly

rodydaly Member

I have just "modded" my PSTWO (the new slim one) with something that appear to be an infinity chip. (I did not do it myself).

All was fine when we tested different types of imported games at the place where we got the chip, but when we got home we got errors trying to load the same games. It is intermittent so it might work one out of 10 times. If I boot on an original game I can see that the Playstation logo appears but only a few times can I see the "infinity 1.38" note below the Playstation logo. When I see the infinity note I can just reset the PSTWO and insert any imported game.

Any suggestions?

Regs: Rody

2. Jixxer

Jixxer Member

This May sound stupid ..but I may as well ask...has the chip been flashed with the 1.36 firmware ? It is needed to operate with the Slim !! ....Just thought I would ask...you can always try to re-flash it and see what happens !!

3. munx

munx Regular member

i have the exact same problem om mp PStwo slim matrix infinity firm 1.39. arghh it works 1 out of 3 tries. but not with all games. some games work the first try

4. rodydaly

rodydaly Member

After testing for a while it seams that the chip starts OK as long as the PSTWO slim is not too warm. I can always start it OK the first time and it works OK as long as I only reset it when I want to change games. If I turn it off and try to start it again when its warm I get the Pink page telling me to insert a valid PS2 CD / DVD. If I insert a original game it starts fine, but as explained before the infinity logo does not show.

Is there any way to get the PSTWO slim less sensitive to heat :) In that case I need a new cooling system.

Regs: Rody

5. magic_ian

magic_ian Member

Having probs with infinity 1.38 and my new PS2 slim..

Had it chipped profesionally last weekend, the guy checked it with a DVDR game and it worked fine.
    Took it home, tried it with an original PS2 game and a backup - no probs.. until I put in an original PS1 game, syphon filter 3.. it didnt load.

Then I put in one of the PS2 games again and it came up with the Sony - "insert a game disk" screen. I turned it off and every time after that, I get just a black screen (the drive still spins and grinds, but nothing happens)

I took it back to the guy, he connected it up and it worked fine wit a DVDR again. He advised me to buy a new scart cable, so I did.

Took it home, worked fine with new scart cable again until I tried Point Blank PS1... and now its black screen again (still drive still spinning!) - turned it off for a day to cool and it still doesnt work.

Are the PS1 games putting it into a screen mode my TVs can't handle? (tried it on 2 x 28" newish TVs via scart and my video recorder via composite.)
    Is it a heat issue?
    Been on the Infinity website for support re reseting the chip but I can't reflash the machine as I don't have a visual output.

Any help would be muchly appreciated, I'm at the end of my tether!