1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

INFINITY MOD HELP!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by sekin, Apr 17, 2007.

1. sekin

sekin Member

my modded ps2 is the fat boy one with infinity mod 1.88, and i dotn think its a fake one since i could change the configuration. it worked for a while but after a month or two, when i was trying to play a back-up the red screen that told you to insert a real playstation disc in came up. So i just resetted it and tried again. No luck. but after i turned off the power and turned it on again it worked.

but after a while my ps2 stopped working completely on backed-up games. The original games work but the back-up games dont work. So i go to the configuration and i changed a settign that says PSX game fix to off, than it worked. But the next time i tried it didnt work. I dont think my mod has fried but i dont know what happened please help

waimond,
    thanks

2. sekin

sekin Member

any suggestions??

3. jenko6a

jenko6a Guest

even with clones you can change the settings

4. sekin

sekin Member

hmm your prob right.. i do have a clone i jsut toke it aprt and found out i have a modbo .0 >=( and i paid 90 bucks for that + 90 bucks so should i go complain like hell or what? and after i toke it apart and put it back it works.. weird stuff 0_0

5. jjbball45

jjbball45 Member

can u guyz help me on how to install the matrix infinity. i just need the installation manual. then i'm good. the www.infinitymod.com and www.matrix-mod.com doesn't give the installation manual, i mean it's not working.
    CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME
    PLZ..
    does the matrix infinity boots backup game automatically?

6. sekin

sekin Member

yes. it boots by itself but i reccoment you getting the real one(i have a clone and i know i sucks) but i dont have the installation manual.

7. jjbball45

jjbball45 Member

how do u know if you have clone or a real one? how much is the real one then? cuz i bought one from mod-chip.com

8. sekin

sekin Member

the best way to chest it is to take a look inside your ps2...but if you havent installed it yet than you should google up maxtrix infinity and you will see diagrams of the chip. also the maxtrix costs around 50 or so

9. jjbball45

jjbball45 Member

i think i have the real one cuz the diagram looks the same and it cost about 50 also. thanks man!

By the way is there any problems in matrix inifinity, cuz i kept hearing people saying that it only works for aboout 2 months and after that it stops reading or booting games

10. sekin

sekin Member

well..i got ripped off cuz they installed modbo and t did stop wroking in month but i believe the real one wouldnt stop working just because they actually oke time to make it and if your doldering points are good than you shoul be fine

11. jjbball45

jjbball45 Member

thanks sekin!!! thats info just i needed. thanks!!!

12. jjbball45

jjbball45 Member

by the way i found the installation manual from mod-chip.com i just clicked the manuals and logged in. the username is manuals and the password is nera99. it might be useful.

13. sekin

sekin Member

kk thx. just make sure u get the real one!

14. jjbball45

jjbball45 Member

wats does firware means cuz kept on hearing u have to update it?

15. sekin

sekin Member

firmwire are like a built in program that controls the chip. When there is an update they usually fix bgs or add new things