1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity vs DMS3

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by romance, Oct 27, 2004.

1. romance

romance Member

Is there really a big difference? I'm also looking for a site that offers installation on these chips.

2. wrath

wrath Guest

Can't answer your first question but the second (not phrased as a question . . ) is there are tons of places you can buy a premod or send your console in.

ps2warehouse.com
    xmodd.co
    modchipman.com

etc . .

3. mstan77

mstan77 Member

I have the Matrix Infinity installed in my V.7 PS2 and it works fantastic. The best feature about the Infinity is its auto boot feature.

Other chips require your assistance in getting it to boot (press the X or O button when you insert your back up, etc), but the matrix you just insert your copy and the chip boots the game for you. On a separate note, the Matrix Infinity requires the least amount of soldering (roughly around 16 wires total).

Based on my personal experience, you can't go wrong with the Matrix Ininity.

4. romance

romance Member

I went with a Matrix Infinity. I read alot of thread where people were happy with it. I ordered through www.norcalmods.com I hope they work out ok. ;)

5. mstan77

mstan77 Member

That's exactly where I got my system modded!! They will do you a great job. The whole entire process took less than a week--they move fast.

Enjoy your newly modified PS2, and good luck!

6. dvdps2

dvdps2 Regular member

I have couple ques. I'm looking to get a Premod with DMS3 in it from xmodd. Is xmodd a reliable place, on other forums it looks reliable. Also, how exactly do u update it. And when your booting the game, does it boot automatically?