1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information Requiredon Ripping

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by gaz_0001, Jan 23, 2004.

1. gaz_0001

gaz_0001 Regular member

i think my drives will only rip @ 2x how do i make them rip faster??? I really need some help on this one. I have posted asking for helop on where to find and how to update or unlock the firmware so that i can get the full potential of both of my DVD drives. Please see my computers spec below.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I answered you other post. Try not to post the same question in multiple forums in the future :)

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I replaced my OEM CD-ROM with a cheap Sony CRX 300 DVD-ROM that rips twice as fast as my Pioneer A06.
    Just a thought.

4. gaz_0001

gaz_0001 Regular member

Nephilim - you are correct i have asked this question in another forum but it was never answered so i thought it was in the wrong section, thats why i have posted twice.

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Pioneer is a nice DVD-120 DVD-ROM for less than $40.00. (NewEgg.com) You should get one because they are cheap, read a lot faster, and save your expensive burner from wear and tear. IMHO. :D
    With my Sony ROM and Pioneer A06 I can usually complete a copy in about 35 to 40 minutes or so. Rip time is about 20 minutes.
    Frank

6. gaz_0001

gaz_0001 Regular member

What other readers are out there which i can read at over 4x?? I usually buy my hardware from www.intellectcomputers.co.uk or www.microdirect.co.uk or www.pcupgrade.co.uk. Please could someone let me know what drive i can purchase from one of the above sites which will enable me to read at over 4x. Taa

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I got a nice 16x Brand New Artec DVD Drive from ebay for £21. great value and works a treat.