1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

infrared detection?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by yon2501, Jan 18, 2008.

1. yon2501

yon2501 Member

Does anyone know an app to detect infrared signals for tv's or anything like that? or a program that will go through a list of them and find which one works for a certain device?

2. Cloud202

Cloud202 Guest

there is an application that reads IR signals... but only useless raw data comes up in the reports... as for something that searches for you. I haven't been able to find anything like that. you have to go through the trial and error yourself, or you can go to a website (i forgot what it was called) and it gives you lists upon lists of IR numbers from remotes so you can make your own RTF (i think thats the proper extension) files for programs such as IR Commander or IR shell.

3. yon2501

yon2501 Member

Damn. i cant even look up the signal for this tv at school cuz i cant get to the model number just the brand and people have been asking me to switch it using my psp remote program but i havnt been able to find the right signal. oh well someone should make a program that detects ir signals and finds the proper remote number (you listening developers?)

4. jemrylie

jemrylie Member

Thought IR has been disabled by Sony in 3.71 firmware? Damn.. I really want it enabled again.

5. yon2501

yon2501 Member

well im running 3.52 m33 so i wouldn know but it seems like something theyd do.