1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infringing Material Question.

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Eugene482, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Eugene482

Eugene482 Regular member

I am sure some of you have experienced this obstacle. It is very known on the internet. Basically, you are using Rogers as your internet provider. Then you like to download some stuff off you BitTorrent or Comet client. But one day, you forgot to turn on the PerrGuardian and BAM. In you parents of your e-mail there is a letter. Dear Something (no exact name) your IP adress has been spotted providing (when you download, you are forced to upload as well) an infrigning material. File name "example.iso", Game name: "example". We have the right to take an action against you.

Ok, basically it talks about their office or something located in Washington and stuff. People don't get penalties for this. Although, more than 1 month has passed since that day, but I still don't feel safe downloading anything............what will happen if they catch you the 2nd time? I think the 1st time was just to scare you. Does PeerGuardian doesn't let those Ips? When is it safe to get caught again? Please help.

Thanks in advance.

2. Eugene482

Eugene482 Regular member

Well, umm, is there something unattractive about this question?

B
    U
    M
    P

3. mistycat

mistycat Active member

As Roger's is Canadian, you're safe from being sued but, just guessing, I would think they would boot you if they received enough enquiries on your downloading habits. I received that email from Telus and since using PG the last 2 years, have never received another but I don't how long you can go between being caught. Someone here on the Roger's forum may know: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/rogers As Roger's blocks torrents, not many use it for that unless they are locked into a contract.

4. Eugene482

Eugene482 Regular member

Thanks, tons of info there.