1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inhibited Playback?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ruswan, Jan 12, 2004.

1. ruswan

ruswan Member

G'day,

I've faithfully followed the DVD Shrink guide and used Nero 6, also properly following your guides (thank you kindly for those!).

The resulting DVD-R seems to work just fine on my stand-alone DVD Player, but produces an error if I try to run it on my PC.

The error code 8902003 comes up with "The DVD disc might have been damaged to as to inhibit playback operation".

Other error codes refer to possible scratching of the disk. These are all new disks that I'm using.

Any ideas please?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

That sounds like a Powerdvd error code. Do you have more than 1 player software on your PC? I read someone had that code come up with both Powerdvd and Windvd installed at the same time. I also got that code when I had a GE Force Video card installed that had video out ports on it. Powerdvd saw the ports as a way to copy protected dvds and would give me that code so I couldn't play the dvds. This was with original dvds fromthe store. Never tried it with a copied dvd. Just a couple of things to look at and try.
    Jerry

3. ruswan

ruswan Member

Thanks Jerry,

Yeah I do use PowerDVD as the primary DVD viewing. Ah...any others I don't know about... winDVD?
    Also have a GE Force 2 video card.

That might explain it, except the original seems to work just fine in the DVD drive. Its the copy that won't work in it.

Russ

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I actually exchanged my 1st burner because it wouldn't even play any of my dvds. The 2nd one did the same thing. It was the combination of Powerdvd and the GE Force 4 card. Other members on here I mentioned this to have had no problem with the same combination. I switched video cards and now use Windvd Platinum. No more problems.
    You never know with these things.
    Jerry

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

ruswan,

Try to reboot your system then put the disk in straight away - sometimes it works - worth a shot -

6. six.6.six

six.6.six Regular member

What version of shrink did you use. Is it the latest, i had problims with 3.1, choppy play back on my pc but fine playback on my dvd player(hard drive files or disc both choppy). Got the update 3.1.2 and the problim has gone away smooth on everything!
    3.1.2 RULES!!!

7. ruswan

ruswan Member

Thanks lots for those comments, appreciate the time.

I was using an older version of Shrink but have downloaded 321 now. So I'll give it another go and see what happens.

Will let you know.

Thanks again

Russ

8. ruswan

ruswan Member

G'day again,

Okay.. have downloaded the new version of Shrink 321 and fired it up. It worked a treat. I burned a DVD to a 4.7Gb DVD DVD-RW disk and it worked both on the PC and on the standalone player... eureka!!

Thanks six.6.six

But... When I used Nero Burning Rom to drag the resulting files from my HD and burn a new DVD Video compilation, I was back at the same problem i.e. DVD would only work on the stand alone player and not the PC.

However, if I copied the DVD-RW to a DVD-R, no problems.

I've checked through the settings, and I'm pretty sure I've set everything okay. Perhaps someone should share some light on this?

Cheers,

Russ

9. six.6.six

six.6.six Regular member

ruswan:
    When you burn the second copy and it wont play in the PC are you playing it in a DvD Rom or your burner? Also what kind is it? Also what are you useing to play back on the PC?

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

(Make sure you are using top-of the- line- media -

el" Cheapo causes a ton of problems / errors

Lastly, when using "Disk Copy', try burning at 2.4 or lower speed)

Pete