1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Injectus programmer USB Argon

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii' started by puredream, Feb 16, 2008.

1. puredream

puredream Member

This is weird but first i couldnt get connected which was something stupid the device for the injectus program software the computer couldnt detect it so i went on the injectus website to download the device. Anywayz...

Basically if someone was familiar on using this basically i followed the instructions and did the update cause i was tired of my argon making my wii freeze in the middle of playing a game.

After i did the update, more drama it doesnt play any games at all, maybe i m doing something wrong but as of now i cant play jack.
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Update BETA 1.5 is out now which you can get HERE.

If you haven't done it yet download the USB drivers for the programmer from HERE.

Then download the Infectus program HERE.

Connect the Programmer to the Flat Cable (Blue side of Flat Cable should be up on both the Programmer and Modchip).

Now connect the programmer to PC via USB cable. Install the USB drivers if needed.

Now turn on the Wii system (This is mandatory if ARGON is already installed). The programmer should have a Blue and Green LED lite if it is connect properly.

Now start the Infectus program and go to TOOLS/OPEN INFECTUS.

When the new window comes up load the 1.5 firmware update DAT file by selecting LOAD DAT and browse to it.

Then select PROGRAM after you have loaded the 1.5 firmware DAT file.

It should then verify the 1.5 update then erase the old firmware that is on the Modchip then write the new firmware and verify it. After that you are done. Disconnect everything and try the new firmware.
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  4. hypp0crit

hypp0crit Member

I'm a bit confused about exactly how to use the "Injectus". I understand that it's a piece of hardware that will connect your Argon/Infectus chip to your computer via USB ports and let you update firmware.

But what exactly do I physically do to use the Injectus? Do I have to solder the Injectus to something before I can use it? Do I have to open my wii up every time I want to use Injectus to update firmware? What does the injectus physically connect to?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks
  5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It connects to a Flat Cable that is run from the Modchip inside the Wii out through either the Game Cube Memory Slot or USB port.
  6. hypp0crit

hypp0crit Member

So you don't need to solder the injectus to anything?

And you just feed the wire through one of the USB slots or gamecube memory slots and leave it there? Will I have to remove those parts from my wii in order to make it work?

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

No you do not solder the Injectus to anything. There is a clip at the end of the Injectus that you slide the Flat Cable into. You then slide the clip inward to secure it to the Flat Cable. Then pull the clip out to disconnect it from the Flat Cable.

You should be able to feed the Flat Cable through the USB/GameCube slot without taking any of it apart.
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  8. Rudei

Rudei Member

does the argon have to be installed in order to program it? with an installed one and uninstalled one, i keep getting a red light on the injectus, how do i make it green?
  9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You can program the ARGON before installing it or after.

If you have the ARGON installed then the Wii needs to be powered on when updating the modchip.

Some users never get a green LED on the Injectus but can still program it.
  10. Rudei

Rudei Member

is there no guide apart from the one on the infectus site?
  11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Why do you need a gude?

Install USB drivers for the Injectus then connect the Injectus to Flat Cable then to USB via PC.

That simple.
  12. Rudei

Rudei Member

13. Dr_Roc

Dr_Roc Guest

Hi, please help! The power died while I was updating my Injectus programmer. Now when I connect it to the USB, the programming software shows Unknown device, Board: Injectus 0000! Is there a way to recover or re-try to update the programmer?