1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inkjet Printable Problems - Please Help

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by PhuchLe, Jan 11, 2005.

1. PhuchLe

PhuchLe Member

OK, here goes the long story. I'm including as much detail as I can so that there won't be as many follow up posts.
    Burning with a Lite-On 832. I have burned on non-printable media (mostly Ritek and Verbatim) with no issues. Purchased some printable media and have not had success. I have tried the entire sampler pack from supermedia. I have not attempted any TY or Verbatim discs yet, but I have tried the Ritek G05, G04, Prodisc, and Supermedia (generic branded) discs.

I have broken the process down completely. I ripped using DVD Decrypter, and compressed using DVD Shrink. Then, I used Nero to burn it. I burned at 2 times speed. Before burning to the disc, I played the file from the hard drive. It worked great. Once burned to the disc it has micro pausing beginning about 30 minutes into the playback. Most cases, the pausing begins around 60 minutes on playback in both a stand alone player and my computer.
    I attempted burning again with standard (non-printable) media again and it the burn and playback were flawless once again.
    I attempted the burn again with a non-compressed file (just the movie) and the same thing occurred so I know it's not the compression that's causing the problem (although I knew that beforehand since the compressed file played fine off the hard drive).
    I used DVD Identifier on the first few discs I tried and it identified the errors. I don't know what else to try. Any thoughts?

2. jamacaboi

jamacaboi Regular member

I have tried both inkjet printable Ritek coded RICHOJPN01 and Ritek coded G05 with no success in the last 3 weeks. I know I got a bad batch and there has been some talk about Ritek's quality going down. I ordered and burned so far 30 Taiyo Yuden silver inkjet printables with not one coaster. So I have given up on Ritek personally. The same projects that burned well on the Ritek discs but where full of errors when anailzed with DVDINFOPRO were burned with Taiyo Yuden with 100% success in burn and analization.

Just my experience.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2005