1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Input On DVD Rebuilder Guide

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by vurbal, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Sorry must have missed that just as I've missed how to remove muliple angles using DVDremake. There are so few options in the Demo that I can't see how it is uselful in removing multiple anges. Perhaps theDemo is too watered down to make that happen. Its off to find more software, let me know if you find a way to remove the angles. BTW, if you neeed a practice disc Daredevil will do, DVDrebuilder will not work with it.

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I just downloaded the trial version, forget that, hell it's only 25.00.......

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I found the angles on the trial version of DVDrebuild and you use a right click in the column that lists the Video titles and menus. When I right click on the title containing the extra angles and select strip angles, the app crashes and I receive a runtime error (visual basic code). Perhaps I'm trying to strip too much but it would be nice to get it all to rebuilder compatiblity.

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

OK, haven't quite figured out dvdrebuild, however just finished "Open Range" using dvdstripper with decrypter and rebuider with CCE. I don't know if I'm getting the hang of it, but it turned out perfect. I took out some special features and left some in. I only changed bitrate on special features and left half-D1 and half space alone. It turned out perfect, no problems at all using one click method, so I know this combo will work. I am anxious to see how a program like vobblanker or rebuild does in conjunction with rebuilder. If any of you do it, please notify this thread wmmediately upon penalty of I'll bug ya to death! Verbal- you've made a believer out of me!

5. brian100

brian100 Guest

Bigorange

It well and truly look's like youve sussed the optimum method of backing up DVD's !. IE "rip - strip - encode/transcode". I have had some problems with menu functionality after processing "stripped" titles through DVDrebuilder/CCE. BUT DVDremake has reduced my failure rate to some extent. My PC is not fast and I have not had a chance to do a comprehensive test on all "stripping" applications.

PS Have you tried converting a 4:3 (widescreen) titles to Anamporphic using DVDrebuilder yet?. Awesome, my "The Thing" DVD has never looked better!!

PS2 I have upgraded to Pinnacle version 8...nice!!

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

brian, awesome, hadn't even thought of looking at that yet. I'm doing vobblanker with rebuilder even as we speak. So far so good. Vobblanker worked without a hitch running anydvd in the background. Rebuilder's doing it's thing rite now. Soon as it's done I'll burn and check it out. Mine ain't all that fast either compared to some of these guys, if I'm running a 6-cylinder, I think sophocles is running a V-12. Did not realize we had the screen option, definitely will check that out.

7. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

bigorange,

When I first used Rebuilder... backed up Return of the King... took around 4 hours start to finish on my dell.

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Just finished "Die Hard" using vobblanker, anydvd, and dvdrebuilder. Left some special features, finished in just a little over 3 hours! Quickest time yet. I think this is the way to go. Haven't tried dvdremake yet, but I will. That's all that's left, gonna look at anamporphic brian. OK flip, bring it on, I'm borin' mine out and superchargin'...I'm on a roll baby! lol

9. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

he, he... Was just letting you know how long Rebuilder takes.. aloooong time. But quality is worth it.

10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

bigorange

You're going to love DVDremake for trimming movies, I was able to trim almost a gig from DareDevil. The move was about 7.6 (actual/7.8 Decrypter)to start and after trimming with 6.7 and I kept the menus. After that I still had three uneeded audio tracks that I could have trimmed. I was able to use it to remove the multi-angles but then I ran into an interleaving problem so DareDevil is not one to ba backed with DVDrebuilder/CCE at this time but with its new size DVDcopy 2 would do just fine. I'm going to use it on LOR III next, report later.

11. brian100

brian100 Guest

Sophocles

Pleased you're using DVDremake. I am gonna sound a right dumbo here but have you managed to remove unwanted audio tracks with it?. I have hunted, high & low, on Google for a solution but have had zero luck!!. I appreciate that the problem can be easily worked around but I am just, furiously, curious.

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

brian100

I haven't tried removing audio tracks with it yet because I can remove some or all with the other appications I use to complete the process but I will make it a point to try when I do my next attempt. Will keep you posted,

13. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Sophocles, did you use a ripper with remake like I did with vobblanker(anydvd,etc.) or what?

14. brian100

brian100 Guest

Bigorange

I use good ole DVD decrypter (file mode) to rip everything prior to loading into Remake or Vobblanker.

15. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Yes, I tried it directly from the disk with anyDVD active and got halfway through the editing process before the application (DVDremake) stopped responding, so I ended by ripping the file withDecrypter.

16. bigorange

bigorange Active member

mmmmmmm, wonder why it works with vobblanker but not remake? Think I'll give it a shot and see what happens. I'll Holler back in a few hours.

17. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I've not used Vobblanker yet because as far as I know it doesn't remove multi angles. I'll check it out soon though.

18. siber

siber Regular member

OK...I want a simple guide on how to make the perfect 'a la carte' copy of a DVD. I know already that Rebuilder/CCE will make the best 'back-up' copy of a DVD. What you guys are working on so diligently seems to be the 'a la carte' option which will satisfy the crowd that wants Uzbek subtitles, Director's comments, alternate endings, 'Making of...documentaries, Sophocles' beloved 'Multiple Angles' ( I thought that was only used in X rated material...goes to show how much I know...)),etc... How far along are you guys?

19. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

No, it doesn't remove multiple angles. I use IfoEdit to do that. Unfortunately most people have a lot less time to spend doing backups than I do, so running them through multiple tools (sometimes I process a movie with 2-3 different programs before Rebuilder) isn't always a realistic option.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life
    Backup A DVD With DVD Rebuilder & CCE Basic: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_rebuilder_tutorial.cfm[/small]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2004
  20. DemonDog

DemonDog Regular member

I've been following these threads on quality of burning software for the last week and I have a question about the use of CCE basic. Does CCE basic output the same file format as DVD2one? I've been using DVD2one with larger files in combo with DVDShrink. I get rid of all the junk I don't want with Shrink, tell it to output an uncompressed file to a folder, then I use DVD2one to compress the file and then burn with Nero. I'd love to be able to just replace DVD2one with CCE Basic and not learn a new authoring tool, esp. since I have no use for menus. Thanks in advance.