1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Input On DVD Rebuilder Guide

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by vurbal, Jun 9, 2004.

1. bigorange

bigorange Active member

can't believe I did that, I need to shut down, but i want to wake up to a finished project. Ta-Ta

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I'm doing LOR III again only this time I,ve reduced the movie size to around 7.4 gigs. Instead of hacking at it chunk by chunk with DVDrmake I decided to rip it in IFO mode. I then removed the 2 channel audio track. I chose IFO mode because it just gets the movie proper which means that the movie starts right at the opening splash screen and then straight into the opening credits. This will reduce the length of the movie a bit as well.

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I went ahead and bought remake but now it won't download. Since I can't use my files it created cos I can't export them, the trial version doesn't do much except show you how it works.. I've sent 2 emails to them and no response. I'm not a happy camper. Did you have this problem?

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

No my transaction went well, even through thunderstorms that caused our lights to blink and flash. You need a PayPal account for the transaction to complete. I've been bidding on Ebay for years and as a consequnce I've also been using PayPal for years because of its safety factor when dealing with the unknown on EBay. It restricts the liberal use of ones credit card numbers while allowing for the immdediate transaction to efficiently to complete. With PayPal, you can't turn and immediately withdraw a completed payment without going through a process, but neither can the seller bill you for more for an undercharged payement without the same process.
    _
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2004
  5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I'm a long time ebayer and thus a long time paypal subscriber. I've probably "sniped" you before, heh, heh. I have received my receipt from paypal and when I go to the homepage everything works, except the download window just sits there doing nothing. Oh well, I'll keep trying. Oh yeah, I'm a blue star, what are you? lol
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2004
  6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

does anyone have a contact number for DimadSoft(dvdremake)? I still can't get a download and absolutely no response to my emails and I mean a lot of emails.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2004
  7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I,ve been unable to locate a phone number for DimadSoft. Did you setup an account? you have to log on before you can download. Did you receive an email from PayPal confirming the sale? Perhaps there was some sort of errror and your transaction never completed.

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Set up an account, when I go to the page it auto takes me to the download. Got my confirmation from paypal. The download window shows the file going from one to the other, but that's it. No queries, no connecting, just downloading showing with nothing happening and the progress bar stays blank. I left it on for 2 hours and got part of a file that windows couldn't open. So I used winrar and it said file was damaged. am at my wit's(of which is a minute amt.)end. Ps- i got the pro version, now that really sucks.

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I just went to the DimadSoft web site, logged on, put my computer ID into the field where it's requested and then downloaded DVD remake in about 3 seconds. It opens and runs with no problem using a freeware zip app I have.
    Are you using a firewall?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

10. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Not to derail this to my original post or anything 8D am I right in thinking everyone agrees that there should be separate beginner and advanced guides?

11. bigorange

bigorange Active member

sorry vurbal, didn't mean to sidetrack the thread, I'll figure it out. We've got 2 seperate threads goin' on this project rite now, so where ya'll lead I will follow. Thanx for the effort on your behalf Sophocles.

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Sorry Vurbal! I know we're off topic, but we'll try to keep it in check.

13. vurbal

No big deal. I just want to make sure I know where people stand. After that feel free to continue with your regularly scheduled derailment.

14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Yes on the beginners and avanced guides, we only have to take care that equal attention is give to each.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

15. vurbal

That shouldn't be a problem. I have a couple of sections to add to the advanced guide and the basic guide should be pretty much the same as it is now, with at least a mention of using the CCE SP for a trial version added.

16. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I think that we should also have some means of chat, to enable a more real-time communication. There are so many areas that we could all get sidetracked on that could contribute greatly to the end result. I've had no problem with any part of the guide except for a confusion in this area. This is not mentioned in your guide but it is in others I've read and the numbers seem to differ without explanation.

[​IMG]
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

17. vurbal

If you're using CCE Basic none of those numbers mean anything right now. In the next update quality_prec should be enabled for Basic, but it doesn't support the others. Basically quality_prec is the priority CCE gives to motion vs. solid surfaces. The lower the number the more bitrate is given to motion, but if you set it too low you'll get a banding effect on solid surfaces, meaning instead of looking like a single, solid color they'll look like they're made up of stripes. The number I normally use is 16. If you look in the advanced section of the guide and find the part about editing ECL files I think I mention it there.

18. dimad

dimad Regular member

19. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Thanks for the links Dimad, Its always nice to get other views on how something should be done. I was able to remove the multi angles but the film (DareDevil if you can back-it using DVDrebuilder/CCE tell us how) was unfortunately still not workable with DVDrebuilder.

I've spent the last two days using DVDremake to trim large files and 3 hour movies and then using DVDrebuilder/CCE basic to encode. I made 5 different attempts at backing LOR III. I ended with great results.

I ripped the movie with DVD Decrypter in file mode and then used DVDremake to trim everything but the intro to the movie and the end credits. I started with a 7.93 gig file and I trimmed it down using DVDremake to 7.62 gigs, a 300 meg savings. I opened DVDrebuilder and I was able to trim another estimated 200 megs plus by removing the 2 channel sound track.

I've done this movie using other 1 click Transcoders but this result is the best of the best. If you haven't tried DVDrebuilder with CCE basic then you don't know how good a DVD-9 to DVD-5 backup can be. BTW it would hurt to have another means to prepare your file with by making it smaller and sometimes shorter. I used DVDremake to edit dead weight, you tell us how and what you've used.

20. siber

siber Regular member

Sophocles: a couple of weeks ago I made a 'back-up' of my copy of LOR III using the Vurbal Formula of Decrypter/Rebuilder/CCE for the rip and CopyToDVD for the burn. Like you say: unparallelled quality. It does take some time but while that's going on I can find plenty of other things to take care of. If you can, is it possible to estimate how much more time is involved to trim the additional 300 Meg by adding DVDremake to the mix?