1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

INRIA, why are they trying to connect to my PC?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Bitcount, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Bitcount

Bitcount Guest

I run Peerguardian when i use Emule, so of course i'm going to find out who or what big name company is trying to scan my shares. But recently, some company called INRIA has been attempting to connect to my PC very frequently, around 70+ attempts in 3 hours. This seems odd to me because most other rejected attempts stop after 2 or 3 tries. In fact even if i reconnect with my DSL, giving me a new IP every time, attempts are still made a little later. Should i be worried?

2. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Does your IP change with new log on ? Thought with DSL, it'd remain static ?

3. Bitcount

Bitcount Guest

Only if i turn off my modem, it reconnects when i turn it back on with the last 4-6 digits changed.

4. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

Bitcount I had over 2500 attempts by cydoor on Me twice in the last 7 days in between 11 to 15 seconds I log it all because they have no fuckin right looking into My pc ........its against privacy laws ......so fusk em ~heh~

5. Kingd

Kingd Guest

Peerguardian logs all IP's that try to make a connection with you, on any applications. That means that even if you open your web page and happen to hit a banned site, that will be logged and you will think that they tried to scan you when in fact it was you trying to connect via IE. Check the logs for port numbers, any port 80 one's are http ports which means it was via IE or some other program, and not that they were scanning you ;). If you are port forwarding then its easier because you can forward a few ports and just look at the entries that have those ports, if those come up blocked, then you are being scanned ;).