1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

insert disc in 360 console, unrecognizable disk errors are happening alot!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by udaredme, Jun 6, 2007.

1. udaredme

udaredme Member

Ok, has anyone seen a huge increase in the "insert disc in 360 console" or "unrecognizable disc" errors? I have had 8 consoles in the past week do this, plus my own console. There seems to be no real pattern. 2 of the people have new 360's purchased within the last 5 months and not modded. 4 of them are older consoles, 2 of which were modded and banned off live. the other 2 have BRAND NEW drives in them, pot calibrated as well, still getting the please insert this disc in a 360 console..its odd, all of a sudden these errors seem to be popping up everywhere from what I have seen. I have a console i just fixed for the 3rl issue that has a brand new ms25 drive in it, and it pops up with that error no matter what. All the consoles i have seen lately with this issue are all toshiba ms25 or ms28. I have not seen any hitachi consoles with this problem. Any else seeing this?

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

nope, my ms28 is perfect

3. steimy

steimy Active member

also MS28 and have never seen that message.
    the only time i have heard of it happening is when people mod their console. If the flash was not made correctly then this will happen.

4. udaredme

udaredme Member

this seems to be happening around here even with unmodded consoles as well.