1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insert Valid Disc Screen

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by Nealio, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Nealio

Nealio Regular member

I'm trying to get my backup of The Simpsons Skateboarding to work. I insert my Swap Magic CD version 3.2 in my V7 PS2, wait until it says "Load Program", insert the backup (611 or 612 MB), hit X, and it'll start to load the game and pop up a screen talking about my memory card, then once I get past that, a few logos fade in and out like all games do, then it goes to that "Insert a valid PS2 disc" screen. I've tried using CDLoader, and it'll get to that same part where it pops up the insert disc screen, but with cdloader, it just gives me a black screen with a pink border and the CD just keeps spinning, but nothing happens. Oh, and I'm using an Imation brand CD-R, burnt at 4x with Alcohol 120%. Does anyone know what's going on or what else I could try?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2004
  2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

seem to recall this game causing problems in the past for swapmagic users and can't remember if a solution was found to get it to boot, it might be worth doing a search of the forum to see if you can find the answer or maybe give cd loader beta 5.2 a shot as this version has been known to load some games that could not previously be loaded with the earlier versions of cd loader

3. Nealio

Nealio Regular member

Alright, yeah I already did a search for "simpsons" but not hardly anything came up in the PS2 area... and nothing regarding this game. I'll try CDLoader Beta 5.2 here in a few minutes and post what happens.

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

just tried a search myself and found 3 old threads about it but nobody had a solution for it on any of those threads, hope cd loader 5.2 solves it for you

5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

did you get it to work?