1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inserting Disc2 with a Slide Card

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by awesome22, Oct 30, 2004.

1. awesome22

awesome22 Guest

I am wondering how to insert a Disc 2 with a slide card, because the games i tried so far couldnt' run after i have used Slide Card to swap in the Disc 2 (they keep saying error, looks like unable to detect the Disc) And when I press the eject button and put in the Disc 2, it is doing the same thing as well. So I am kind of frustated not being able to combine my Samurai Warrior 1 with Samurai Warror Xtreme Legends.

2. teggy

teggy Regular member

Yeah that's a good question.

I'v asked before about star ocean till the end of time.
    I mean what happens if you need to swap discs in game!!

Well you would play the real one of course, but if the worst comes to the worst and the real one breaks then you have got a coaster being the 2nd disc!

3. simjo

simjo Member

I tried it with a few games. Star Ocean 3 and Shadow Hearts 2 works fine with swapping for me, but Samurai Warriors: Xtreme Legends never work when I try to import the original Samurai Warriors. Anyone knows why some games work and some don't? Is it how I copied it or how the game checks the disc?

4. teggy

teggy Regular member

what was your method for swapping to disc two?

I use Swap magic dvdv2 with a slide card to boot my backups. How can u possibly get disc 2 in if disc1 is spinning?

5. simjo

simjo Member

Normal method as you would do with original disc. When I get to the point in the game that it prompts me to switch the disc, I press eject, change disc, and press eject again, and it works fine with backup disc (for Star Ocean 3 and Shadow Hearts 2, at least). I suppose the game does not check if the disc is a PS2 original disc. Still, it doesn't work with Samurai Warriors, though.

6. teggy

teggy Regular member

Hmm, yeah I guess that is logical. As with the originals the PS2 doesn't restart. With backups as far as the PS2 is concerned it's a real game as it's already been booted so the boot sequence code or what not from disc 1 is already in the PS2 memory.

Thanks man, just gotta find a place to rent Star Ocean 3.